The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Rising

+4
Xisha
Grimlock
Marcus
Lizzy
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 40]

476New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:56 am

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine held back away from him. "I think I can manage for a little while longer." her eyes drifted to the ground in guilt. Why was she doing this? It was wrong and she hated thinking about it.

477New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:57 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"Course course, I understand." Naomi held out the scimitars. "They weigh and measure the same, but I'm not sure if they're as good as your old ones." She smiled a little as she looked back at the group. "Hey Sam! I need your help up here, Reya needs one of your patented sunglare spells."

478New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:05 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~once again the dark vixen was fully exposed for who she was, she scanned all the forms noting their specific heat signatures, and then her eyes shifted back to light spectrum. giving a short bow Reya looks at the others noting the two that had helped in her escape from the inn~ "thank you. i fear that if not now, in time these scimitars too will weaken." ~in explanation she pulls the cloak of drow nobles from her back showing where its fabric spun of spider silk and enchanted with unholy power had begun its slow detorioration~ "its truly a pleasure to meet you all...i am Reya Atlania Rogue dark fox of House Atlania in the city of ched nassad. I've renounced my kin and drow heritage...though it seems most others can not see that..."

479New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:53 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam walked over and bowed as well. "It's a pleasure Reya. My name is Samuel Durvan, half demon knight. Please just call me Sam. Now I suppose because you havent been accustomed to sunlight yet, your eyes are very delicate. When I gained demon powers my body hated the sun for a few months, but it wore off with time and my eyes adjusted thanks to this." He tapped his temple and a visor seemed to flash for a second. "A spell I crafted with my dark magic to shield your eyes and let them adjust to light slowly rather than all at once. If you wish, I could give you them, because I have no need for them anymore."

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

480New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:33 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"thats kind of you, especially to one of my.....heritage...while i do revel in the pain the sunlight brings me....i would be useless to you all but for the night time. If you find it strange i allow myself to hurt so, i do it to represent a cleansing of myself, i know for each day that the suns sting is a little less it puts my past farther behind me....though i know that for the first 50 years of my life i did grow up in that dark and evil city, struggling to maintain a hold on my principals....the drow do not make it easy....they condition the children to despise those of the surface.....i almost lost myself on the night of the "great" graduation....the orgyestic event that signifies the passage into adulthood for young drow nobles like myself...on that night i ran from ched nassad and still almost lost myself....this time not to any vile teachings...but instead to the basic need to survive....i can not control the hunter inside if i feel threatened it surfaces, and i almost cut you all down this night....the hunter came again....."

481New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine slowed as she became lightheaded, temporarily, then brushing it off, watched the rest of the group to anticipate their next move. Sensing yet another demonic presence she lifted her eyes to the night sky and then back down to survey the land surrounding them. "Sam, do you feel that?" Raine pulled the blades swiftly and slowly off her back, keeping her eyes on the area, moonlit but still too dark to see clearly. She broke from the group and stepped away to listen, and watch.

482New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:14 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Raine... dont stray too far..." Sam drew his sword and flipped his shield from over his shoulder, holding it tight and looking around. "I do feel it too. Everyone... something big is coming."

483New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Naomi snapped the clasp on her lance and spun it a bit as she caught it in her other hand and looked around. "Is it Kote again?" She felt a presence moving closer but couldnt tell what it was yet.

484New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~letting her eyes slip into infravision, Reya scans the night, for the others it may have been to dark to see, but for her she had no trouble seeing every piece of the surrounding landscape.~ "i see nothing yet....of course....im not familiar with heat signatures here on the surface" ~she says, nonetheless her scimitars snapped into her paws and she remained on alert.~ "I'll take to the tree's to scout....i can see the most clearly at night...and i can see in the infrared spectrum." ~Reya states. just tell me what would seem out of the ordinary?"

485New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:00 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine felt the lightheaded feeling and swayed on her feet, once again shrugging it off and looking around for a new figure in the darkness. She felt a sudden sharp pain in her head, and turned to Sam. I don't think that was him. Raine turned in a circle once, blades at ready and in a stance. "where are you..." she whispered.

486New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam put a hand out. "Dont. Whatever you do dont go off alone. I'm a lot better at tracking demons, seeing as how I am one, just give me a second." He closed his bright orange eyes and a pair of gears appeared around his left eye and he opened it again and it was now bright red as it usually was when he detected demons, the eye swiveled around a bit as he saw demons approaching from all sides and a great mass... he didnt even know what it was, but it was approaching from down the path. "We're surrounded, and it looks like they've got a behemoth of a demon blocking the road."

487New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine took in a breath and held it. Things were far from normal and ever since she'd woken up again her energy had always been drained and she couldn't think straight. Finally, letting the breath out she raised her blades a little higher and walked forward a couple steps, able to se the figures now.

488New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:07 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Naomi walked spun her lance again and smirked. "Think we can take them?"

489New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:12 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Traven drew his own blade. " Does it really matter at this point? I say let whoever it is come..."

490New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:15 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Kote appeared infront of a gargantuan demon and smiled as he held it's collar. "Miraculous what you can do with a bit of axle grease these days. Dont you think Samuel?"
"Kote... you really are a sick twisted bastard."
"You know me so well Sam." Kote bowed and smiled as the demons made a full circle around them, there had to be hundreds. "All I want is Naomi, and what she has around her neck."

491New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Traven growled and stepped forward. " Over my dead body you son of a bitch..."

492New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:18 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine, knowing her powers would drain her, suddenly reached for the medallion only holding on to it long enough to point her hand at the demon behind Kote, Screaming she sent a lightening shockwave to it and fried it instantly. She let the necklace fall back to Naomi's chest and looked at Kote. "What are you doing?"

493New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:19 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~the other two scimitars, the ones of drow make found their way into Reya's paws. held the face the opposite direction of the others reya gave a test whirl spinning each paw expertly twisting the four blades in a vicious slice~ "dont worry about me....i have no idea what a.....demon..... soon they will taste my blades and then they will bleed" ~she replies her eyes gaining a wicked gleam ~

494New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Kote didn't look frazzled at all as the demon behind him exploded, merely shocked that Raine would grab at the medallion for a source of power like that. "I see Sam didnt give you the souls I offered. Clever. All the same, if you dont give up Naomi, your friends will all die."
"You said yourself you wouldnt kill me!" Sam shouted as a contradiction.
"Then I'll simply make you watch shall I?" Kote snapped his fingers and Sam was suddenly suspended in a dark orb, beating on it but unable to break free. "One less fighter on your side Kit. What's it gonna be?"

495New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:27 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine turned to Sam, then to Kote, and back to Sam again. Anger building up inside her, she tried to build up as much as possible. Suddenly shooting it at Kote with as much force as she could muster. Evil heirarch or not, he was still a part of Sam. She watched as Kote momentarily dropped to the ground. Again Raine grabbed for the medallion this time, sending a circular shockwave of electric wind knocking out the smaller demons around them.
"Kote, it's just you and us." she tried to absorb as much power as she could before letting go of the medallion.

496New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:30 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Kote blinked and looked around. "Well then. Obviously I have to seperate you from that medallion as well now dont I Raine?" He snapped his fingers again and sent Raine flying into the orb with Sam, who yelped in pain as Raine collided with him. "Two down. And I assure you, Sam has been the only one to at least defeat one of the 5 elementals, and he was badly wounded from it. I doubt you could take on something stronger."

497New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Traven growled and charged Kota, his sword raised. " Enough! Let this be finished! " yelled Traven as he brought down his blade hard on Kota's head, only to have it shatter into hundreads of pieces on impact. The force of the blow caused Traven's hands to shake violently and he was forced to drop the broken blade. " Bu...but how!? That was a direct blow to the head! "

498New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine continued to shoot anger at Kote, hoping to at least catch him off guard or render his clearness of thought. "I'm sorry, Sam. But I told you you shouldn't have taken the medallion back. But I let you have your way and now look." If the medallion was taken Raine knew who to blame.

499New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:36 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~grinning the dark fox gave another vicious spin~ "i really dont know who you are.....but it sounds like your their enemy....guess i shall be the one to fight you"

500New Rising - Page 20 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:41 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Kote caught the blade in his bare hand and it snapped in half. "Drow? Really? You pitiful excuse for a demon! How dare you raise your foul blade against me!?" Kote was angry, he pushed Reya back and a wall of black fire burst infront of him. "You are all too weak to stop me! I am the Demon Lord's right hand, and his orders decree that I am to stop waisting my time and kill anyone who gets in my way. Now either Naomi comes with me, or I kill every last one of you while my brother watches hopelessly."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum