The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Rising

+4
Xisha
Grimlock
Marcus
Lizzy
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Naomi giggled as she watched Reya scamper away. She sat back in the water and washed herself off casually now. With Reya gone, she didnt have to worry about anyone spying on her, she wasnt that interesting anymore.

952New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:27 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"Oh my friendly arent you?" ~she replies letting her accent alter her voice enough that it was unrecognizable.~ "My name is Kayala. Im just a simple traveler. "

953New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"A pleasure to meet you Kayala, my name is Samuel, my friends call me Sam, and most of them are in attendance. Now... may I ask how you got such beautiful eyes?" Sam smiled a bit as he looked into Reya's eyes, his orange ones enough to even frighten normal travelers if he stared too long.

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

954New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~satisfied that her new disguise was complete and effective she let her accent drop away again~ "oh thats a story you should know well enough sam luv" ~she replies~ "tell me is it really believable?"

955New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:35 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Believable to anyone who hasnt met you." Sam smiled as he kissed Reya's paw again before walking around to admire her. "Naomi did her great job as usual." he commented as he came around again to face her. "Your eyes could stay if you want. I mean, I have orange eyes and I dont get looked at twice unless I wish it."

956New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:40 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"For now at least, can you help mask their true color? i think my eyes would still look pretty as green"

957New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:42 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Indeed they would." Sam reached forward and placed his hand over Reya's forehead, a small feeling passing between them as he closed his eyes, manipulating the color of her eyes easily. "There."

958New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~She shivered as the slight chill of magic passed through her.~ "I simply cant wait to see myself in a mirror!" ~she says softly~ "oh and if you ever hurt naomi....i will make sure something important is forever parted from your body. she's so kind, and doesnt deserve to be hurt in any way." ~She threatens suddenly, it was clear a lot more than just a simple fur dying had taken place~

959New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam smirked a little and nodded. "Where is she by the way?" he looked around expecting her to be pure black again.

960New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:02 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"I asked to remain behind so i could test the effect. She should be on her way soon" ~she replied though her eyes held a mischievous little glimmer~

961New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:04 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Naomi was not coming, she was tired. She stood up and walked over to dry herself off, carrying Reya's gear and her own as she moved the boulder aside and made her way to where Sam had slept the last time they were there. She arrived quietly and laid Reya's gear down as she sat down under a tree.

962New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:12 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Kote began to read again and sighed.

"Darkness will always battle,
Light defends it's land,
when Darkness seeks a treasure,
Light will plan ahead.

Few will be chosen,
but those few will bravery be instilled.
Heroes of forgotten ages,
whos boots will be left to fill.

First, the mystery maiden,
burdened with her task,
will be accompanied by a Defender,
whos role will become two.

After years have passed,
and the two have become three,
chaos will decend apon them,
and the torn protectors must take seperate paths.

One with the burden of the wind,
another with a storm of blood,
will join the two remaining,
and seek to be undone.

The elements beseiged them,
and they had overcome,
to find a wayware assassin,
knife always at the drum.

The journey will be long,
and the perils intense.
but the harvest moon will see them through,
with needle, and patience.

A forlorn priestess will rise,
from beneath the earth,
to gain respect and dignity,
widely scorned by birth.

The east will provide,
as it always should,
a great warrior,
hidden in the wood.

The Key shall rise,
the soul unite,
and the guardians shall bind,
the Lord at night."

"It all fits." Kote said finally. "It's happening as we speak."

963New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:19 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine looked at Kote, back at the written language and then back at Kote. She laughed a bit before sighing. "I could read that for some reason. But I don't understand all of it." she watched him. "What's happening RIGHT now?"

964New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Well as you can hear, the prophecy is slowly falling into place, the warrior from the East still has yet to arrive, and the others are identifiable." Kote pointed to each. "You must know who each is by the description."

965New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"What am I supposed to be in all of this mumbo jumbo. I understand who... but what the hell is someone like me supposed to do?" Raine shook her head. "I'm not sure whether or not to think this is a joke or not."

966New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:34 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

((appearance #2, yes she will be a perm character.))
~returned again to her own plane, the weary dragoness collapses after her trip back through the astral gateway. her master, had kept her there for much longer than even her considerable strength could handle and she hoped he would not call on her again soon.~ "by the gods i'll kill him one day...that wasnt even a fight....it was slaughter, these katana's were cleansed by the molten stone that originally created them, but once again they are put against innocent flesh..damn him to the deepest level of the abyss..." ~she rants softly, unaware that eyes were upon her that night, demons who sensed the presence of a weakened soul nearby. It was only her keen senses ever alert from the many long years she had lived, and fought that saved her this night. Though her agonizingly tired body protested she was up and running as fast as her legs could carry her, she would have taken flight but for the fear her already exhausted body would fail her mid-flight to leave her plummeting to severe injury if not death. Off in the distance she made out the twinkling light of a campfire, and veered off in that direction. from its position she believed it to be defensible, it may even be travellers adept at fighting and she would have help in fending off the demons hot on her trail~ "hopefully...they are warriors, and not simple merchants....i'd hate to bring harm to them....i already bring too much pain on my masters plane...but his knowledge of my true name is irrefutable...i have to obey his command"

967New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:01 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Kote sighed. "Well... there's parts missing, you see how chunks of the symbols have been cracked away even chiseled. I have a feeling that someone didnt want the prophecy completely foretold in the temple of the Demon Lord. He'd eventually find it and try to stop it, but if parts were removed, it could still continue."

Sam sat back on his perpetual night shift, closing his eyes and letting his mind wander for a spell, his awareness dimming to simply the immediate darkness outside the campsite. As if on cue, his thoughts turned towards girls, he was sure that because he gave part of himself to Raine, he could still feel her alive somewhere, which was good. He was worried about her though, and it would take a bit of time for him to show physical trauma. Then... of course, there was the beautiful Ex-Drow fox with her new fur color and eyes. He blushed a little as he thought about her, she was very pretty, even after changing her looks. Luna... well he didnt really know much about her, but he got a strange feeling she didnt like him much, it must have had to have something to do with his demon side harming Raine. Then... well... then there was Naomi, his constant companion and the root of his worry. She was always ontop of things, and had somehow gotten Kote to release her and find a dragon to bring her back to the... with his greatsword no less. Quite a feat for anyone, just what was his partner up to.

968New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:59 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~Reya silently approaches sam, he looked almost on the verge of despair. she speaks softly~ "its a beatifull night isnt it? far from the eternal darkness of the underdark....even at night there shines hope of light for the next day....Thank you again....for everything you've done for me. If it werent our chance meeting in town....i'd probably be alone and afraid still...but now i know i have strong and caring friends...i...." ~She stops suddenly as her sharp hearing picks up the sound of chase~ "Sam! do you hear that?"

969New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:52 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam nodded and put up his hand to stem the tide of caring for a moment and whispered. "It's coming this way whatever it is, I think... by the look of the scales, we've got a lizard or something being chased by demons. You ready for a battle?" he looked up at Reya, both eyes bright red, he had been focusing on the sound before she had even come over. "Oh... and you're welcome." He smiled as he stood up and pulled out his greatsword. "Now to put this baby to work again."

970New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:37 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~The dragoness stumbles in her flight from the demons and launches herself into a roll to recover, fearing she would be set on if she tried to turn and stand her ground now she continued to run. The campsite comming into sharp focus. Her elation soon turned back to terror as she saw the glint of orange eyes and a hand reaching for a very very large greatsword. She sighed and realized she would most likely die this night.~ "Blades dont fail me this night, demons in front and behind..." ~she says softly and in her long strides she draws each of her kitana's. With a small alteration to her path she heads towards the figure with orange eyes~ "you first demon spawn!" ~She cries and she kicks off the ground spreading her wings open with a snap. both her katana's darting out to slice at sam. She saw not the vixen next to him and when she was suddenly plunged into blackness~

"STRIKE NOW SAM! she cant see in the globe of darkness" ~The shout is the dragoness's only salvation and she twists deftly back katana's obscurred by the the globe from the human she rolls forward to strike. The distinct sound of metal on metal ringing out as Reya steps in to fight inside the globe the dark that was her territory. but she immediatly sensed something was wrong. The dragoness seemed to have no trouble fighting blind. and Reya soon was down, her paw clutching at a painfull but shallow belly wound. The globe of darkness flickered out of existance and the dragoness turned to meet the charge of the demons behind her. Her blades swiftly cutting down the first ranks. a maniacal laugh emmanates from the dragoness as she takes her first strikes, a blade piercing through once of her wings before she could snap it closed, then another strike to her soft belly, she was on the defensive and her blades though they weaved an intricate defense, the already exhausted dragoness left just one more gap with each flurry and soon the ground flowed equally with dragon blood as demon blood.~

971New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:10 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"I AM NOT A DEMON!" Sam's voice rang through the melee of demons, his inner fire bursting out as he called out "BLAZING DRAGON!" A great burst of flame shot over the heads of Reya and the dragoness as it caught the waves of demons, his blazing white holy fire erupting all over the demons and making them writhe in firey burning pain, sprouting scorch marks and slowly evaporating into ashes, the forest somehow undamaged. Sam heaved as he landed the greatsword on his shoulder, smoldering a little as his eyes slowly turning green as he stared angrily out at the last few burning demons. "Only half, and not by choice." He slumped onto the ground, his deed done. The Great sword of Arganna slowly cooling off on his shoulder, finally noticing a small orb embedded in the metal that had not been there when he had given it to Kote. It was obviously a sphere of greater magic, he would have never been able to take out a whole horde of demons without it. "Now... who the hell are you?"

972New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:16 am

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine sighed and sat down on the temple floor, thinking to herself. Sam had been so... magnetizing to her. Now Kote, he was getting to be just the same. She truly didn't want this but as much as she denied it. She liked the same half of both bodies and now that was a dilemma. They were both part of someone and that someone Raine truly held feelings for. She could play her part in all this or leave before she gets her feelings hurt. Raine weighed out the choices and decided the best. "Where do we go next then?" she looked at Kote, tilting her head.

973New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:29 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Well first... we need to rebuild the rest of the prophecy... there are..." Kote looked down and counted. "Four stanzas missing. See how it's all been chiseled away except for the last verse? We have to find out if they could be found anywhere else, that's how we know what to do next."

974New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:33 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

(Yes, im back. Sorry for the long delay, personal shit and all.)

Traven layed against a nearby rock fast asleep, his dreams keeping him unaware of the current growing situation. All he could think about was what was happening to him. Weither it was for the best or the worst. It terrified him.

975New Rising - Page 39 Empty Re: New Rising Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:34 am

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine looked at the prophecy, written. "And how the hell do we find out?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum