The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Seven Swords of Power

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Seven Swords of Power Empty The Seven Swords of Power Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:45 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

In the great land of Japan, the Edo era is on it's final chapter, the Bakamatsu, with the comming of Commodore Perry's black ships, the people have risen up for freedom, and yada yada blah blah blah.

Yuki picked at a spot on her arm, work was slow today. She sat back in one of the walled off tables and looked around. There was nobody here, and it was lunch time. Honestly where were all the people these days. She brushed her hair off her face and stood up, walking out to look down both sides of the street, which was just a beaten dirt road for now. But it had shops all along the sides and there was never any dust storms or sillyness like that. She saw no one on the street either. This was strange, expecially for Edo(Tokyo), which was where the resturant was located. She felt her blades on her back and then looked up. Sun was bright, clouds were out, nothing out of the ordinary. What day was it? As she walked back in an eerie breeze blew past her neck, making her shiver a little before reaching the calendar. "Oh... that's why. It's recruitment day." She sat there for a second and then jumped back up. "Recruitment Day?!" She gasped and looked outside, again, the sun was nearly at it's peak. "Damnit! I was supposed to be there for the opening cerimony! Kida!" She called, the little kitsune woke up in the corner and gave a cute yawn. "Kida we have to go or the commander will kill me!" Kida woke properly now and darted out the door. Yuki closed up and quickly made her way down the road towards the proceedings. She was a necessary member of the cerimony after all, being a captain.

Aina sat in a tree, closely monitoring the movements of the troop movements on the distant plain. She hated fighting in the open, give her a city full of Shinsengumi anyday and she'd gladly take it over fighting grunts with poor swordsmanship and bows. She hated bows, they were like guns, but still had skill involved, but still, your battles were a lot less exciting as a bowman. She crawled back down the tree and turned to her Hitokiri(advanced Ishin Shishi samurai) partner. "There are about a hundred Shogunate drones in the valley below. Himura are you sure about this?"
Himura shrugged and smiled. "We'll have to find out wont we?"
Aina looked taken aback, this 14 year old boy was at the same skill level as her, and he was clearly still a kid. Yet his strategy was almost 96 percent accurate, and his style was excemplary. "Well, give me the order and I'll send my squad in." She said.
"I believe we shall wait until nightfall and ambush them together. Four Hitokiri and a squad of Kage-Ryoushis. (Shadow Hunters) We'll be a lot better moving quietly then trying to storm their masses head on."
"Very true. Well Himura, I'm going to go take my squad to go practice. Keep an eye on the troops will you? You know how to find me."
"As you will Aina."
Aina bowed to him and walked off, gathering her elite group of Kage-Ryoushi. "We're doing a training run. No weapons out, but tag your opposites when you want to strike them. Use all the stealth of ninjas but keep your wits about you." She snapped her fingers and they all dashed into the forest, knowing the teams already.

2The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Taikio was walking down a packed street, people avoiding him simply because of the giant sword on his back. He wore his colors as part of the Ishin Shishi, and some people bowed to him. He was a savior, whatever that mattered. His pouch was full of money and he made his way into the Kyoto marketplace. He shopped around and had found some nice food for himself when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see a messenger boy heaving from trying to find him. "What is it?"
"Taikio Shiomaru, you have been summoned by the leaders to receive a promotion."
"Oh have I now... guess that means I'll be on my way to Hitokiri." He sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Walk back and tell them that I need to drop off my food at my home and then I will meet with them. This is so troublesome..."

Kanshi sat in the roof of the great Shogunate military building. The proceedings below were festive and at the same time aggressive, this was the draft for war, proving yourself to the military leaders and being accepted into the ranks. Some were talented enough to move straight into the Shinsengumi. Which was a sight to behold, others simply fell into the ranks of the army and were assigned troops or told to see a captain for orders. One of the captains was still missing... it was the girl Yuki. Kanshi smirked a little. He knew the girl would forget, she always did. But she was talented enough to have that waved away. Not this time though. Surely she would get some kind of punishment from being absent from the draft.

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

3The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:10 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ayaka laughed as she ran passed a grocure in the marketplace and grabbed some fruit, the man who owned the stand screamed at her, but she didn't hear him. She was too busy enjoying herself as she threw the fruit to some kids standing in the street who smiled as she ran away. Now the number of guards chasing her had grown, but she paid them no attention. Until, of course, she rounded a corner and ran smack into the leader of the city squad. Ayaka backed up, pulled her octagon sai from her back and standing at the ready.
"There's no reason to be like this." he smiled at her as at least 10 guards ran up behind her and another line appeared behind the guard commander. "You are no robinhood, Ayaka Ushinsuki..."
She sighed and put her weapons on her back again, resting her hands clasped behind her head and walking casually around the little circle of space the guards had left her. "And what do you propose, sir?"
He pointed to a poster on the wall with her face. "You've gotten yourself into a LOT of trouble miss Ushinsuki. But your fighting skills have caught my eye." he paused "Be recruited."
Ayaka turned and opened her mouth to say something, but he interrupted her again.
"And we will remove all charges you have over your head." he reached over and ripped the poster down, tearing it in half.

Reina stood quietly, awaiting the rest of the ceremony. She became impatient, but nevertheless, showed no sign of wear and stood in place, minding the business of the recruitment for the time being. She put her hand over her head and looked up at the sun, squinting, then her eyes trailed back to Yuki's empty spot. "Where is she?" Reina spoke quietly, readjusting the blades on her back and fidgeting in her armor. She knew Yuki to be a little forgetful but was really praying she wouldn't forget about this.

4The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:07 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Taikio walked up behind a group of people who had congregated near the town square. "Excuse me, what's the situation here?" He asked to one, who jumped as they saw him, he was famed for being the only mercenary to ever be honored with the title of Commador... *cough* Commander.
"Well, Shiomaru-sama, it appears that the rebellion has started to take hold in the countryside as well, and they're bringing reinforcements for our troops."
"How nice of them." Taikio said, he bowed to the man and went to drop off his food, his heavy sword strapped to his back still as he turned around and headed for one of the military posts for the Ishin Shishi. The main one in fact.

Kanshi appeared behind the Commander and whispered in his ear. "This one that's going right now... he seems to have a certain finesse, you may want to look into it."
"Thank you Gayataki-kun." the Commander laughed a little and smiled. "We'll see how he fares."
"Have you seen Yuki Toroka yet?"
"No, shamefully she hasnt arrived. Perhaps she had to pull a shift at the Beko she works at."
"But still... most everyone from around the city is here, surely she would notice."
"We'll see Gayataki-kun."

5The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:24 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Yuki pulled out a smoke bomb she had borrowed from Kanshi and crawled onto the wall of the arena like courtyard, there were people everywhere, she lobbed it an an open area near her seat and dived for it, the smoke covered her entry and she sat there like she'd been there all along. The smoke cleared and she smiled at everyone. The Commandor laughed and applauded.

6The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:30 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Reina looked at Yuki, at first with a hint of disproval at the actions of her fellow captain... Then she turned it to a smile. Yuki was entertaining, forgetful or not.

Ayaka tugged her arm away from the Commander. "I think I can handle myself."
He laughed and grabbed her arm. "Have you seen the long list of crimes you have commited, including the murder of 4 city guards. You don't expect me to trust you just yet." He and the large group of guards guided her to the nearest base.
"Well I agreed to your little excapade so I think you can be a little more trusting."
"Doubtful."
She sighed...

7The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Kanshi smirked a little and appeared next to Yuki. "You know... you could still be a Kunoichi Yuki-san, we dont have very many and the training would definitely increase your already natural talent for it."

Taikio walked into the base and bowed to the guards, who bowed back, he moved towards the center and met with one of the leaders. "You wished to speak with me Coru-sama?" He asked gently, bowing in respect to his current leader.
"Yes, it is about time we promoted you Shiomaru-kun." General Coru said, walking along the garden with Taikio.
Taikio raised an eyebrow. "Oh? You mean I can join the ranks of the Hitokiri?"
"A position has opened up, and you're very overqualified for the job. You know we only take 15 or so into the elite ranks of the Hitokiri."
"I know that all too well Coru-sama."
"Well I'm sorry to say several have fallen as of late to the Shinsengumi, so we've been looking for fresh blood to pull into the ranks, and you're our best officer. Would you like the position?"
"Who will be my partner?" Taikio said warily. "I know that all the Hitokiri are out currently. So it would be someone new like me."
"I believe our next candidate will be arriving shortly." General Coru said, a spark in his eye.

8The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:25 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Yuki shrugged. "I'm not much of a ninja Kanshi-san." She laughed a little as she sat back to watch the festivities. "I'd rather just keep my position and not have to worry about going out to who knows where in the middle of the night to kill someone."

Aina and Himura had finished their run. Only 30 of the foot soldiers had escaped alive, many of them would die on the way back to Edo because of their injuries. She sat in the camp and took the bottle of sake from Himura, swigging it down generously. "So... how many did we loose?"
"Only Jankin-dono I believe, have all of your squad reported in?"
"Yeah, Hanshi-kun lost an eye to an arrow, but we've sanitized it and wrapped it, he should be fine" Aina sighed. "He'll look good in an eyepatch. So that means we beat 70 or more soldiers and lost just one Hitokiri. I'm sorry to say this Himura, but that was a great turn of events."
"Yes it was, shame Jankin-dono fell. But he was on the weaker side. More Hitokiri will be made soon, I dont wish to see them fall like he did. He only joined... when Yuzuki fell. And he was outnumbered and alone against 50 soldiers."
"They dont make em like they used to." Aina raised the bottle and Himura rolled his eyes.
"We'll see."

9The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:45 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ayaka was pushed into the base and lead around like a prisoner. She looked like she could care less until they thrust the Hitokiri garments into her hands. "Wait a minute..." She turned to the commander. "I've never had any training. I don't think this is a good idea."
He let out another booming laugh and patted her mockingly on the shoulder. "From what I've seen. You don't need it, Ayaka-san." he turned to the guards. "Send her onwards. Before we change our minds about this..." he glared down at her. "The sum over your head may be enough to pay us through these battles alone." the commander mocked once more as the guards walked her through the base.

Reina wiped her forehead, frustratedly as the time seemed to pass so slowly. (no idea what to do with this poor character lol)

10The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:09 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Taikio looked a little curious. "Is it anyone I know?"
The General looked over. "You must know her, her wanted posters have been all over town."
Taikio looked taken aback. "You're making a thief a Hitokiri?"
"We dont have much choice, we finally caught her today and she's easily as qualified as you are."
"She... wait it isnt..."
"Ah here she is now!" The General interrupted as the guards came in with Ayaka. "Meet your new partner. Ayake Ushinsuki."
"You cant be serious."
"I am serious. She needs a keen eye on her at all times. And you are not only the only one on hand, but the best man for the job. Consider it the one favor you still owe me."
Taikio bit his tongue, it was true he owed the General a few favors.
"Bring her over here! I'll talk with them both in my study."

11The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Yuki saw her new recruits to their posts and knew she'd have a lot on her plate for the next couple weeks. The resturant would definitely have more customers because of her antics as well. She walked over to the kitchens and asked for some sake, which they provided easily. "Thanks. Any news on the warfront?"
"Nothing as of yet."
"No news is good news I always say."

Aina arrived home with her squad, Himura and the other two Hitokiri were going off on an assignment and they wouldnt team up again for a while, she went to go check with her supervisor before heading off into town.

12The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ayaka looked at the General and paused for a moment before shaking her head. "I work alone. Why do I need some looney dragging along?" she stuck up her chin and lowered her voice. "and I'm too "overqualified" to be just a thief." Ayaka wreched her arm from the guard and they pushed her towards the general.

13The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:44 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Taikio drew his great sword and pointed it straight at Ayaka. "Trust me, the feeling's mutual."
"Calm yourself." The General laughed as he led them both into his study, when he sat down he looked at both of them. "You're both in a very good position, the possibility to help free this nation at the highest rank. Hitokiri are the most powerful samurai warriors we have, and I believe you two are the next in line. Right now we have lost four of our top agents. Himura Battousai reported that we lost our fourth in a battle against a hundred shogunate soldiers. Now, I'm sending you two out because I've heard both your stories. You seem to me to be compatible once you learn to get over your anger of being with each other. I'm sending you out to deal with a extremist group that has popped up on the southern territory. They need to be put down before they become a threat to the war. You think you can handle it?"
"Yes Sir." Taikio stood up, a bit grudgingly, and walked over to get some horses.

14The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Yuki saw Reina and waved her over. "So did I miss anything big?" She asked, her usual smile in place.

15The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Reina laughed. "A big waste of time you missed, I suppose." she clapped her hands together once. "Well this should be an interesting new batch of people now."

Ayaka sighed and looked down at the garments they had handed her. Throwing them aside, she went to follow Taikio, not knowing what else to do.

16The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:21 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"Indeed. I heard that they're choosing members for the Shinsengumi from the captains. What do you think your chances are that you'll be accepted Reina?" Yuki asked curiously. "I'm not totally sure I want to try out for the famed Wolves of Mibu." (Same people)

17The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Taikio huffed and walked out into the light again, shielding his eyes for a second before looking over at his accomplice. "So I guess we'd better get moving. What kind of weapons do you carry normally?" he asked gently, trying to get on good terms at least.

18The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:41 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ayaka patted herself on the back, referring to the weapons she always carried on her back. Octagon Sai (odd name).

Reina smiled. "I guess ... well.. Well I don't really know. But I'm loyal, at least." she paused. "Always on time." she added jokingly in a friendly voice. "Why wouldn't you want to though?"

19The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Taikio nodded, gestering to his great sword. "This Zanbato and I have been through a lot." He said. "So, what's it like being a thief, or whatever you want to call it?"

20The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"I'm not a thief. I'm more of a regifter. I give to those who need it more." she laughed. "They overprice everything anyways." she balled her hands into fists as her adventure-craving side took over. "Though. That's just one of the many things I do. I'm in it for one thing. The thrill."

21The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Sounds like the commander was right after all... we are alike. I myself am merely a mercenary normally. I live for the thrill of the fight. Stronger opponents at every turn. So working my way up to get big missions is something I've always wanted to do." Taikio felt the same thrill appear in his eyes and laughed.

22The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:25 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Yuki blushed a little. "I forgot... I cant believe I forgot the draft. But the reason behind my not really wanting to, is simply, I have a day job, and I was hoping to stay away from the bloodshead as much as possible. Tho, if they do accept me, I will fight with honor."

Aina closed her book as one of her squad appeared before her. "What news do you bring Odeon?"
Odeon held out a scroll. "Urgent orders from the Commander."
Aina got up and broke the seal, unfurling it and reading from it. A moment past and she took a piece of wood from the grate nearby and burned it. "Bring everyone to me, I will relay our next mission here, and then we will be off. Pack for a journey."

23The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"I guess I'll tolerate working with you a little better now." Ayaka smirked. "Just don't get in my way." She spoke nicely and her smirk turned into a childish teethy smile before she turned away from him.

Reina smiled at Yuki. "Well.. You still are a good soldier. and a good soul. I wouldn't be surprised if you got in."

24The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Taikio sighed as he walked off. "Meet at the gate of the city in two hours, stock up on anything you need, and we'll be off. It'll be a week round trip to where we're headed."

(The ninja I cant remember... curses)

25The Seven Swords of Power Empty Re: The Seven Swords of Power Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Yuki smiled and bowed gently to Reina. "We'll see, for now, I think I will go close up shop and turn in. It's been a long day." She was right, night was starting to fall now as she smiled and waved. "See you later."

Aina's group reported to her home soon after dark and Aina was already dressed in full gear. "You all know our mission, but we have to stay hidden, if they dont need our help, then we wont go charging in, you got that?"
"Yes Ma'am!" Each of them saluted and she smiled. "Then lets head out!"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum