The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demon Times 4: Darkness before Dawn...The Final Chapter?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ophelia jumped at Syrius's voice and huffed. "Finally..." pulling her second sword, she held them at her sides and casually walked through the doorway, looking at the four heroes, a glint of something different in her eyes, rather than malice. She turned to Syrius for direction.

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"glad to see you decided to join us, i dont know why i ever let a woman join my squad...ah well stupid mistakes cant be undone" He says mostly to himself "Now ophelia i would like you to go and take Talyn there prisoner, you have full leave to play if anyone tries to stop you"

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ophelia growled at Syrius's comment but nevertheless stepped forward slowly, buying them even more time. While making eye contact with each of them one at a time before finally moving to Talyn, she put on of her swords back, grabbing Talyn by the shoulder and holding her sword up. "Don't make this tough..." Ophelia looked at Talyn, raising her eyebrows.

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

There was a brief flash of movement all of the sudden. Derak's blade was now pressed tightly against Ophelia's throat. " Sorry, cant let you do that. Now I suggest you let her go right now before this floor gets a new color added to it. " said Derak as he refocused his attention on Syrius. " And who are you to call us the enemy? If it werent for us, The Demon King would still be alive to this day causing havoc, if it werent for us, many more people would have died at Waterwings. Losing the city was inevitible. But most of all, who the hell do you think you are, hunting us like this. I saw kids half your age fighting at Waterwings. Where were you? Hiding in Aine all safe and sound? We've done alot of good to the kingdom. Sure, we've also lost alot of innocent people. But you of all people should know that in war you have to expect some losses..." growled Derak

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ophelia's eyes flared as she suddenly burst into flames, smoke and fire surrounding her and blinding the others as she moved away from Derak's blade and pulled Talyn on the other side of the fire all in a quick motion. The fire went out and now Ophelia stood with Syrius, holding Talyn and on the other side of the burnt line, stood the other heroes. She pointed her sword at Derak. "I told you not to make this tough."

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak slowly lowered his blade, the fire and smoke having no effect on him. He began thinking to himself, coming to only one other conclusion that could get Talyn out of the mess she was in, and possibly get himself away from the others safely. " Take me instead, I have a larger price on my head. I killed the King of Waterwings, and is respondible for the deaths of hundreds of innocent people. " said Derak as he slowly lowered his sword to the ground, keeping an eye on the two to make sure he wasnt attacked.

" Take me in her place, and ill come peacefully. Let the rest go, it's my fault there in this mess to begin with. "

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Liz moved forward as she gasped, trying to hold Derak back. "Dont you moron!" She said, her mind was elsewhere. "Hiro it's ready, find a way to get Talyn back over here." She thought. The portal was ready, and it would take them safely far far away.

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Hiro coughed a little and then walked forward. "Why dont we all just talk this out like civilized people..." he asked gently, moving forward towards the others, freezing any remnants of the fire as he walked through it.
"Is there any chance you could teach me how to freeze time?" Hiro asked in his mind.
"It's not something you learn... it's something you remember." Kote said back.
"Damnit." he subconsciously bit his lip, continuing to gabble on about random crap as he moved forward, extending a hand to Syrius.
Then something clicked in his mind. One guard was a lot more in their odds than four. And, by the looks of it. The weakest one was holding onto Talyn. (Not sayin you're weak Xee, he just sees it that way) Even if she didnt let go, at least she'd simply be sucked through the portal with them and it would be a lot easier to deal with just one. Sure, he might get an exploding shot in the back, but he was a dragon, and he had time on his side. This would work.
"-I'm just saying, maybe a pint could lighten up the mood enough to at least... come to an arrangement..." he said as he had made his way to the females, seeming to inch slightly along the walls of the house to keep Syrius and the other ops in his eyesight. "Now all we need to do... is calm down." And at the moment he spoke the last word he grabbed both females and pulled them back towards the portal. "LIZ NOW!" he shouted, pushing Derak back towards her with them, Hiro's back protecting the others from harm.

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Liz nodded as she jumped backwards as they were all pushed towards her, she waved her hand over the ground and the portal activated, instantly, they disappeared. The glyph she had drawn on the ground erased by the teleportation.
It was dark on the other side of the world. Liz looked up to see the moon and realized that her placement had been a little off. It looked as though they had appeared in mid air, the wind knocked out of everyone before they realized where they were. She was the first to regain consciousness. The smells and sounds were different here, she knew they were far far away. (^^ Scene change!)

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak coughed as he stood to his feet. " Why the hell did you get in my way Liz!? " he growled at her. " I was trying to get away from you all to protect you! I didnt want to come here with you! "

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"Well I'm sorry I saved your life love." Liz said, grunting a little as she got up and gingerly tested her body for breaks. "Everything seems to be in place... we're safe and together, are you happy now?"

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Would you both cut it out... I've got a killer headache..." Hiro sighed as he sat up and rubbed his head. "I thought you tried to get the landscape codes perfect... what happened?" he looked over to see the black ops girl unconscious with Talyn and sighed. "Well... what should we do with this wolf female we've dragged along with us?" he asked, gingerly removing her weapons before she woke up.

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak turned to Hiro. " Isnt it obvious? Were going to kill her, it's too risky keeping her alive. She could tip off her friends to our location. " he said as he reached for his sword, only to realize that it was left behind at the house. " Great! Just great! They have my sword now..." he growled, realizing the danger in his predictiment.

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ophelia spoke with her eyes still closed. "you come near me I swear I'll kill you..." and she opened her eyes, sitting up quickly and looking around. "What the hell did you do?"

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Hiro sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Where is it? Still downstairs? If it is I'll go back and get it. Liz could send me back." he offered as he picked a sword off his belt. "Or I could offer you Icebrand." he said, the frost sword glowing in it's sheath with a cold blue light. he then turned to the wolf. "I stripped you of your weapons, as of now, you're our prisoner. What's your name Wolf?" he asked sharply, turning to look at her angrily.

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"Why would I tell you..." she spoke harshly through clenched teeth, growling deep in her throat. She stood and brushed herself off, quite pissed off about this new turn of events.

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Hiro pointed his blade at her throat. "Because if you dont, I will kill you and we will be on our way. Derak there's no way she can inform on us, we're on the other side of the world, in territory only accessed by flight and the one path of islands safe enough to travel. A message would take months to get back to the other side of the world, and most of the people here dont even know who we are."

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"I suppose if you'd be low enough to kill someone over a name. I am Ophelia." she glared at him, backing further from his blade. She looked from person to person and sighed angrily.

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

" Just let me see your blade Hiro, ill borrow it for now until I get my own back. I know for fact that Syrius has my sword now, probably planning to kill me with it next time we meet. I also know he doesnt realize it's special abilitys, so he couldnt use it to his advantage if he wanted too. " explained Derak as he turned to Ophelia. " And as for you, saying we would go as low as to kill you over a name? When you and your little boyfriend were planning to kill us for trying to help all of you? Yes, I see the logic in that..."

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Nice to meet you Ophelia." Hiro said grimly, handing his sword over to Derak. "Take good care of it Derak... alright?"

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

" Dont worry it's not like im going to lose it. " said Derak as he took Icebrand from Hiro. As soon as he layed his hand on the blade however, it's light blue aura dimmed, as if showing mistrust towards him. " Does Icebrand normally do this when someone other then you takes hold of it? " he asked

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"No one has ever taken it from me before." Hiro shrugged.
"You crafted that sword yourself Hiro... of course it doesnt want to leave." Kote whispered in his ear.
"What else am I supposed to do?"
"Let me talk to him for a little." Kote said and went silent. Icebrand's glow began to slowly brighten again, and gave Derak's hand a little warmth.
"Thanks Kote."
"Maybe it just needs to warm up to you." Hiro joked.

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"Killing people because of actions is far more logical than killing people because of what they're born with..." Ophelia referred to her name as if it were a thing of great importance. As anyone's name should be. "And Syrius is more of an enemy than a boyfriend if you hadn't noticed.. We don't get along that well. I just work with him..." She growled.

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak nodded and sheathed Icebrand before turning to Ophelia. " Oh right, you have it so bad dont you. Working for an asshole, when we have been hunted, some of us killed, and for what? Helping you people? Killing the Demon King? Jee, I feel so bad for you..." said Derak quite sarcastically. " I dont even understand why you choose to work with him if he's an enemy. Wait, let me guess! He promised you a huge reward for our heads...right? "

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"I want no pity! You are all weak fools!" Ophelia spat angrily in Derak's direction, suddenly advancing on him. "Perhaps you're still being hunted for your smartass remarks. I should burn you alive." she ignited a flame in her hand and narrowed her eyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum