The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Rising

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 8]

51New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:19 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"You trust him though." Kote said softly. "Even now he's thinking about you... do you want to know? He worries if you're still alive, if you hate him..."

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

52New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:22 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine opened her eyes and looked down at her hand once more, sighing. "He doesn't care. There's plenty to keep him busy there."

53New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:32 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"That's what you think, but I'm inside his mind, always." Kote tapped his head and cracked a small smile. "I know what he thinks."

54New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:33 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine shrugged, "And now I've told you what I think."

55New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:34 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Then... what do you feel about me?" Kote looked over, a demon tail wrapping around his waist as he spoke, looking down at the stones.

56New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine cringed at his words and a lightening bolt struck and a distant tree fell, the ground shaking. She sighed, "You are obviously connected to him. If you are so smart you should get the hint... Kote." she shot him a glance.

57New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:43 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"I knew it, you do hate me." Kote sighed and turned away again. "I mean... how could you not. I killed your race. All of it, just to fulfill some stupid prophecy."

58New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"If he calls i must answer, there is no power greater than someones knowledge of your true name, if i could only destroy his carving of me i'd be free for only once can you use the spell to tie someone's true name to an item to have them completely subserviant to you." ~she replies~ "sadly his first command to me was to never even think of going for the statuette and so i have not....i want to but i cant disobey...fortunatly he cares not for this plane of existance, still it pains me to know that when he calls he will want me to kill more"

59New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:47 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam pondered this for a moment. "What if someone else was to go with you and destroy it or steal it back to their world?" he suggested. "I know a few capable people who would love to help..." he waved his hands to his comrades, all of whom were asleep still."

60New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine laughed to herself and turned away, almost glad he had taken it differently than she'd meant. "I forgive you."

61New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Liar... how could you forgive me. I was blinded by Fate." Kote turned around and held Raine's shoulders. "I'm so sorry Raine... really I am."

62New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:52 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine opened her eyes, "I really do forgive you. Don't worry."

63New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:55 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Okay... thank you. I know it must be very hard to do so..." Kote nodded gruffly and went back to his stones.

64New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"I could but to maintain a physical body in the material world of that plane it drains my energy....normally i can last several weeks, but with another, there....i dont know how much it would drain me or how fast..."

65New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"I protected myself from the sun itself for two years of my life. I think another dimension wouldnt be so hard to try for myself..." Sam shrugged. "I would really love to help you."

66New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"I could try if you wish...but erttu is strong...even for an elder dragoness like myself...i dont know that you could beat him....I'd hate to see you dead, it seems you have two who care very much for you." ~She motions to the two sleeping girls, Reya and Naomi~

67New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Naomi's basicly my sister... and I think Reya has a crush on me. But I am a Knight at heart and post, and I will do anything to help others, especially damsels in distress." He winked at Talyn and shrugged. "If you want to be free that is."

68New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:04 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine almost exhaled with relief as he went back to his business. No matter how connected Kote was with Sam, she knew he was far too busy to care at the moment and for that, she did somewhat dislike him. After what he'd done. Raine looked over at Kote, silently surveying. Perhaps the reason she liked them so much was because she herself was in a way half demon, but not split, conjoined. Raine truthfully couldn't remember if she'd become this monster later on or if she was born this way. She shrugged it off and another tree fell in the distance as she jumped at it's noise. At this, Raine loosened up, trying to control herself and continued to pay attention to all the movement around them.

69New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:17 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"i see, well if you believe you can i wont stop you, but i have warned you, Erttu is a powerfull foe, and even if we can defeat him on the other plane he still wont be dead only banished. It was he who..." ~she looks away~ "it was he who killed my friends...on that other plane what used to be my plane...but this world is now my home. I choose to come here and i performed the ritual to make this world my home. It was the only act of defiance i could manage against him...you see....he used me, when he found out my true name, My hands, my blades struck down first Liz, then Derak, Hiro...all dead by my hand. Thats why i could not live in that world any longer. And if you suggest that we fight Erttu on his plane...i will tell you now, i've been there, he's called me to that plane....he can do things, he can control everything there. And if you happen to be out of his control his inccubi and succubi will soon change that...."

70New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:58 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam nodded and walked over to Naomi's sleeping form, pulling the medallion from around her neck and looking at it. "Kote... gave her the other half... good." He hung both sides around his neck and looked back to Talyn. "Well. I wont sugar code this. I'm strong. I just took out an entire horde of demons that was coming after you with one stroke and..." his eyes flashed red as he tried to supress the demonic power flowing from the medallion into him. "... I have the medallion, even for this brief time, I am not it's bearer, but a guardian none the less. Naomi will know how to subdue me if the medallion should take me over when my mission to help you is complete. As long as I have a stronger will than it, it's powers are mine to command. And as for your friends. You may have killed them there, but what made you come here? Maybe because their spirits reside in others now, adventurers like us." He waved around to his sleeping companions. "Maybe even someone else you've lost Talon." He said the last name like it was familiar, then looked away. "I'm sorry, I'm bad with names. Especially when I've been talking so long." He looked back up and nodded, his eyes fluctuating now. "Ready?"

Kote clapped his hands together, a wave of knowledge flowing into him as Sam put on the halves of the medallion. "I've got it! It's an algorithm that I didnt account for! Alright... just let me write it down in our words and see if it makes sense..." he began writing down words as he looked over the rocks, calculations going on in his head.

71New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:58 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~Her eyes narrowed suspiciously for his words had a ring of truth, indeed there was another she had lost, two in fact, and then how he said her name...as if he knew the exact event that had almost broken her will those many years ago.~ "Right well take my hand, you must be in contact with me to go across the planes...once we are in the astral tunnel run as fast as you can, i want you in front, for if i leave the astral tunnel first, you will be a lost soul trapped forever between realms."

72New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:03 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"That's encouraging. Let me just get a bit more demonic..." Sam groaned a little as a long demonic dragon's tail appeared behind him along with a pair of wings, his mouth exhaling fire as he looked over. "Dont think I've ever been able to control it before... but I believe the speed will be more than sufficient." He looked like a weredragon, with black scales on his tail and a few sprouting on his arms as he took her hand. "Lets see what my demon side can do."

73New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:40 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"oh how i wish i never uttered those words" ~talyn says very softly~ "Take my hand oh and be warned this will be dissorienting" ~She replies and when he takes her hand she lets herself drift upward through the planes to reach the astral tunnel. She lets him rest only a moment before pushing him forward. "Run straight and true and when you reach the other side be ready to fight, for we will appear at his side. Do not stray from the path ahead, though you may see things that will make you want to do so."

74New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:44 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

The medallion burned on Sam's chest as he dashed off, his demon form was much faster than he expected, he was originally fast, but with this added demonic power, he was near uncatchable as he unsheathed his great sword and it blazed with dark energy, he didnt want to burn himself with his holy fire attacks unless he really had to. He spread his wings and began to fly down the narrow path and towards the gate. *This is easy...* He thought to himself. *No problem yet.*

75New Rising - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rising Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:50 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~Talyn was just as quick and kept pace, her legs pumping with long strides as she followed. Then the tunnel shifted a little and the sights of other planes they were passing became vissible through the tunnel's etheral walls. "Sam do not be tempted by these sights, none of these worlds are the ones that matter!" She yells out as his pace slows a little~

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next