The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tale of Harau

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 16]

126The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:17 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~the two caught slightly off guard came together and sable put up a prevention shield to protect them, while she did this sage readied and fired off echoing decay catching two of the attacking guards in its conical blast, the other two would witness the horror of the putrification of living beings...the same putrification brought caused to a dead body of years of lying in the ground. Except this took place in mere moments. Sable meanwhile brought forth her bow and quickly fired off several shots at the commander~

127The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:54 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"And... now I know. If you'll excuse me." Vari winked as he shadowstepped over to knife the remaining two guards in the backs, they spluttered and fell to the ground and he tripped up the tigress, pinning her to the ground on her back and smirking. "Hun, I'm gonna need that Fang."

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

128The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:59 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Tarunda grunted as she squirmed on the ground, her swords out of her hands from the sudden attack from behind. "Never... you'll just have to take it by force, you dirty bastard. Sneaking up on us while the chips were down."

Kyle smirked as he snapped his fingers and his armor ignited, the arrows simply burst into ashes before they reached his armor. "You dont think one of the Queen's knights would go around with unenchanted armor did you?" He laughed and then threw a fireball at Vari to get him off Tarunda.

129The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo calmly walked up behind the commander, sword in hand. Gripping the hilt tightly, he smashed the pummel of the sword to the back of the commanders head with enough force to knock him unconcious, if he didnt already die from the blunt force trama that is.

" Enchanted armor doesnt protect you when your enemy is behind you. Not to mention when fire has little effect on your enemy. " he chuckled.

(I got some vison of me kicking my own ass when writing this lawl)

130The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:41 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~Sage and sable instead of looking pleased at the intervention were instantly back in a fighting stance~
"Sable...why are there so many thieves comming to our home today?" ~sage asks bewildered~ "Guess i have to repeat myself. Return anything you have stolen and leave. this is our home, we were entrusted to protect this place. If you deign to remove a single object my sister and i will not hesitate to kill you"

131The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:50 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Oh we havent stolen anything yet. I'm just making sure that the Queen doesnt get anything in her grimy little paws to use against the rebel forces." Vari plucked the fang off of Tarunda's neck and smiled gleefully. "Do you possibly have any weapons here I could take out a loan for or something?" He joked a little as he looked down at the tigress.

132The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Tarunda looked up and grunted. "You... squirrel, you dont seem to get it, these twins are fucking crazy. I'm telling you they're not on a side and they dont care who they kill. Dont let us all die here." She whispered to her captor as she looked down at the ground. "Let me up so I can help. All the guards are dead so I'd have no chance to double cross you until we got out of here."

133The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari looked a little concerned now from the tigress's words and nodded. "Right... good idea. They dont seem to be taking this too well..." He slowly got off the tigress and helped her to her feet. "I guess this is a temporary truce." He said as he drew out his kusarigama, still holding onto the fang.

134The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:06 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Tarunda brushed herself off and picked up her weapons, backing away slowly with Vari, she sheathed one and held the other in one hand, adopting the straight taichi stance and bristling a little. "This sucks all over. I dont enjoy this country, it's too... oppressed and dark."

135The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo chuckled. " Oh come on guys, your just all overreacting. These two arnt insane, there far too pretty to be. " He teased as walked up infront of the twins with a grin on his face. " Now are you two little ladies going to play nice? Because I wouldnt want to make you break a nail or nothing. " he chuckled.

136The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:56 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~sage and sable looked at each other and then burst out laughing. Finally sage pulls herself together~ "Play nice? why play nice when our home....and consequently the caverns we were entrusted to protect when the great wyrms left is being invaded? ~her attention shifts to vari~ "There are a few weapons with some significance here those you may take simply because they have great historical value and minor power, the fang stays we can not allow it to leave this place"

137The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:17 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"You see, for me that just isnt going to happen. I need the power of the ancients. Anything to better my skills." Vari explains. "And Kats... it might not be a good idea to go up against the crazy girls, even if they are stunningly pretty."

138The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:39 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo sighed. " Oh give me a break, their not going to hurt me. And just give them that stupid fang back, theres more then one artifact of power in the world. Besides, it isnt all that special anyway. I dont need some stupid tooth to make fire..." he stated as he ignited a fireball in his right hand, the flames not even scorching him.

139The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:05 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~Sage glances over to Katsuo~ "If you think we wont hurt you, you are very mistaken. But you seem to be the smarter of the two, there is a reason the fangs from that ancient necklace were split and sent back to their respective tribes. Though much of that knowledge has been lost, and we ourselves do not know the reason Sable and i have protected this cavern as our parents and their parents before them have protected it. We have never gone outside this cave and we have indeed slaughtered all who dared to try and steal anything from this cave, If you wish the weapons take them they are of no use to us, if you wish some petty jewels and coins, take those as well, But Vari of the assassins, Foolishly blinded to the harsh reality by your own weak soul. You. Are. A. Killer. Innocents have died by your hand, but many of those innocents have not died in vain, your first kill for example...that Fox was innocent of the crimes you had slain her for, yet her death saved the lives of countless others when the true perpetraitor, of those ghastly murders spooked by the sudden end that his friend had come to, revealed himself in a frenzied and ultimatly fatal attempt to flee. Vari you are not worthy of claiming any of the weapons of the cache, but we will not stop you. Stamp out that weakness within yourself, for if you dont, you will die, alisstra will die, katsuo will die, Rika will die, and you as well Tarunda. I cannot see the exact fate in store, all i can see is that if you continue with this pointless flawed and fatal state of mind, your timelines all end abruptly not to long from now....i also suggest that you do not waste much more time here arguing and attempting to take the fang...Allistra, that poor half demon who also must stamp out her inner weakness is in the hands of those with evil hearts who also seek all the fangs of power. Her left fang is also one of those fangs and she is soon to be executed under sacred ritual for the fang she posseses but does not realize she has." ~sage calmly states all the information, yet how did one who lived in this cave her entire life by her own statement know such things about the past the present, and apparantly the future this time Sable would speak~ "Alisstra has 3 days, and thusly so do you, her life, and the fang she posseses are both important, Besides...for that poor thing, she does not deserve the so called ritual my sister spoke of, this time she will not escape rape, torture, the extraction of her fang...and then finally...the worst part...for the fang she possesses to become fully active and imbued again...her life must be snuffed out in a very distinctive way...she is to have a tube of enchanted wood forced down her throat, and then fed liquid iron. She will not escape the fate of rape and torture, but you can save her from death if you make haste towards the Kingdom of Elderine. The path of failure i can see as well...and im sure that if you could see the fate of Allistra if you fail to save her...you would never sleep again because of the screams. I can see another outcome forming in the haze of the future...an even worse fate..it seems that some of her captors are thinking about filling every orifice of her body with liquid iron....starting down there and then working their way up. I beseech you, make all haste away from here now....perhaps if you are successfull we will relinquish the Fang of the Great Wyrms to you but as of now, we can not judge that your hearts are pure enough. Alas we can not assist you either, this place we are bound to, we can not leave."

140The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:27 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo's grin suddenly vanished from his face, instead replaced with frustration and anger. " I dont know who the hell you two think you are, but do me a favor and mind your own damn business. What goes on in my life is for me to know and not anyone else. " he growled. It angered him greatly to know that the twins could learn so much about him when they only first met. His whole life he was a very private man, but seeing now how easily his past could be brought up really got to him. He quickly shook her head and turned his back on the too as he began to make his way towards the exit, just wanting to get away from the area.

141The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari looked up and then over at Tarunda. "Sorry... you're on your own." He said gently as he attatched the fang around his neck. "Katsu, this fang enhances all of your magical abilities. It is a magical artifact that must be kept from the hands of the evil ones of this nation. And every nation! You twins, you know much, but understand little. The future can change based on the actions of those in it, I dont care if you'll let me take this fang or not, but I need it's power to pr... to save this nation. If you want to protect it so badly then come with me and let me show you exactly how capable and pure I am as I use it." He turned on his heel and walked out. "Tarunda right? If you want to save the life of a brave female you will come with me, and Katsuo, just hurry up and get out of here. I'm going on ahead. Meet me in the town in a couple hours." And with that, the enhanced powers of the fang gave his shadowstep a huge boost, his speed increasing incredibly as he arrived back in town without even breaking a sweat. He looked around and closed his eyes. "Alli... where are you?" He began sniffing the air and growled a little. "Damnit you demon pup... where did you go?"

142The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:35 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Tarunda tried to catch Vari before he disappeared. "Damnit... that was my find." She looked back at the twins and Katsuo. "Um... I guess it wont be that easy for us to excuse ourselves, will it?"

143The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~The twins looked at each other and sighed Vari would not be able to leave the cave with the fang. in his head their thoughts were made known~ You young one understand much but see to little, the fang can not leave this cave, we understand that the future is not written yet, however this fate is certain, her tortures begin at sundown tomorrow, from there you will only have 2 days to find her. We wish it werent so, we wish that this future was as you said unwritten, but that is not so. And for one who claims to have no wishes to kill innocents that is precisely what you will do if you take that fang from this cave. My sister and I are bound to the fang as well as this cave. If the fang leaves our souls will not be able to take the strain that it will put on us, in short we die but it is not a pleasant and blissfull death, it is a living death, we do not wish to become broken souls. The fang as you have noticed while it radiates power it gives none to you does it? It has not accepted you and as such it has not been passed on. Return at once or suffer the consequences that your continued attempt to leave will bring. By the way, get out of our quarters! your ability to flash step is useless in here you must walk from this place. your abilities will only be twisted by the ancient power that resides within these caves. you will only end up deeper and deeper within this place ~The message was instantaneous and their attention was quickly returned to answering Tarunda's question~ "You are foreign to this land are you not? Why do you come and seek to ravage this land of its magic? We saw the power the fang had begun to allow you....but we can not yet allow it to be yours. Your heart is closed to us, shielded by something....perhaps a great tragedy? or worse...evil intent...It does not matter either way, if you all manage to rescue the one named Allisstra, A half demon whose life has been hard a life overshadowed needlessly by supreme guilt for a terrible tragedy in her past, then your hearts will show noble intent and we can allow the fang to leave this place. And then the ancient promise upon our family will be broken and we may for the first time in our lives see daylight"

144The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:41 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari looked around in the bedroom of the twins. Then cursed under his breath as he ran back up to the main chamber, chucking the fang back at Tarunda. "Here you deal with this bullshit! I have to find Alli!" He dashed out of the cave and back through the tunnel heading to the guard tower because there he knew he could at least start heading back to town. "Damn you Kats... going and leaving Alli to get captured. Gonna have to comb over the whole damn town now." He took a few minutes to get back to the town and by then he had his kusarigama out and was furious. He held it down like it was on a string and began humming to himself as he stood completely still in the middle of town. He was scrying her presence. After being with Alli for a good few hours he had gotten a big taste of her powers, and now he could track her by them. The blade of his weapon spun around a few times and then pointed northwest. He snatched it back up and started heading for the edge of town to try scrying again.

145The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:46 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~Allistra was dazed and disoriented, she knew she was moving...but couldnt remember why...she didnt remember where she was going...some sort of promise... Ah that was it! she promised to show these men a cave of great power...she was asleep in their wagon.~

Allistra had been easily overwhelmed by a powerfull wizard as she had made her way towards the tower and thusly the caves. He had made short work of turning her into a compliant captive by hazing her memories and implanting thoughts in her head.

146The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:59 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari was making fast work, he had scryed again at the edge of the town and it told him to keep going northwest, and by the wavering of it... she was beginning to sleep or something was masking her power. Which only ment he had to work faster, if she was sleeping that means that they were traveling on the road, whoever was taking her. He ran over to the stables next to the exit of the town and chucked some gold at the stablemaster that he had knicked from the caves and grabbed a good horse, he vaulted onto it and kicked it into gear, going as fast as he could down the dirt road from the town, cheating a little and shadowstepping the horse along the way, which took a bit out of him but he could take it if he could just prove those twins wrong. Alli wasnt going to die, he swore it.

147The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Tarunda took the fang and quickly wrapped the necklace around her neck again, looking over at the twins and blinking a little as she sat down. "Well there's nothing I want to talk about with my past. Not that I remember anyway. And I dont think I'm evil just for deciding to stay with the castle guards on this trip instead of with peasants. The Queen welcomed me herself, I felt honored to help out with this expedition."

148The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~The wizard had sensed the first scry as well as the second and had exerted his own powers to point the scryer in the wrong direction, they were so close to obtaining the demon fang, he would not lose his chance now. It would not be long until they reached Elderine then they would begin the torture of their unsuspecting cargo.~

~Sage held out her paw~ "Tarunda, the queen is the last person we need to get a hold of this fang, great darkness and despair are foretold if she acquires the fang. Relinquish the fang, though it has begun to accept you we can not yet let it leave."

149The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:32 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari stopped after a while and scryed again. This time it came up with nothing and he cursed, he was out of range. Which could only mean one thing, he had been led the wrong way. To get nothing at all so fast was a good sign that he had been tricked by the ones guarding her as they traveled. He spun around and sped the horse back, wishing that he had the fang now, it would make his shadowsteppign so much easier. He stepped the horse through town so as not to attract attention and kept going down the south east path, the horse was loosing it's speed now, so he stopped and scryed again. There was a response, it pointed in the other direction again and he smiled. "Tried to trick me now... well lets see how you like a blade through your throat you dirty bastard." He let the horse rest, for now that he didnt have to step the horse any more, he could keep going down the path, making a good few miles with each shadowstep. "Come on... I know I'm faster than a normal horse doing this... especially one with a caravan or a wagon attatched... where are they?"

150The Tale of Harau - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:41 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"Well right now I'm a bit more worried about this demon girl. So if you dont mind, I'd like to ask you for your help, as a normal adventurer, I care about others, and by what you said, I really should be worried about this girl who's going to get killed by assholes. Now, if that doesnt prove to this ignorant piece of bone that I'm worthy of saving the world, then you're just going to have to come with me. I'll push this whole cave closer to the fight if I have to." Tarunda explained, slowly her energy rising inside her as she spoke, until fire crackled in her eyes and a strange wind blew in from nowhere and set her hair and clothes rippling in a sort of presence like style.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next