The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tale of Harau

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 16]

76The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:57 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari walked over and lifted Alli off Rika's head. "Alright alright calm down you two. We dont need the whole town down our throats." He set Alli down and then drew his knife and pointed it at Rika. "Would you kindly tell us who you are and how this all happened before I decide to end you for being too noisy?" He asked politely, yet his eyes held a different look, silent rage.

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

77The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:03 pm

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Rika rubbed the back of her head and glared at Alisstra. " My name is Rika Sho, and the reason im yelling at that bitch over there is because she stole my family's ring a month ago. Ive been tracking her down ever since. That ring holds great importance to me and I want it back! " she argued.

78The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"Ring? i never stole any ring.... I cut purses thats true...but never have i resorted to petty slight of hand thievery"
~she replies looking cute and innocent~ "lets see...i dont even remember cutting your purse...buuuut i might have" ~she again dissappears then reappears on top of Rika's head~ "nope really dont remember ya besides it was just a damn ring who cares?"

79The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:18 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari sighed. "You're not really making this any easier pup. Would you have the ring on you if you took it? Surely you would at least remember pawning it off if you ever got it." He rubbed his head. "And please stop standing on others, it's horribly rude."

80The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo shrugged." I dont know about you but she can sit on my head anytime she wants, keeps it warm. " Katsuo joked.

81The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~Allisstra looks pensive for a moment~ "nope cant remember"

82The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:31 pm

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Rika glared at her. " Liar! It was a gold ring, had a blue sapphire stone on top and my familys crest was carved into the stone! It's highly valuble! And you took it from me! " she continued shouting, slowly getting the attention of townsfolk.

83The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"honestly why do you think it was me? im fairly certain i've never seen you before, besides you hardly look like your rich...its probably a ring you stole yourself. I only steal from rich bastards to feed myself!"

84The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:45 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo sighed. " Did it ever oocur to you that maybe you should just show her all of your possessions to prove to her you dont have then ring..." he suggested. " It's not like she can steal anything from you while were all standing here. "

85The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"Why should i prove myself to her? She has no right accusing me, besides im far prettier than her" ~she says with a smirk on her face. She was purposely trying to provoke Rika now, simply to humilate her once she attacked~

86The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:39 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Oh I dont know about that Pup. I think.. Rika was it?" Vari looked over and smiled gently. "I think you're far prettier than foxie-kins, and much better behaved, even if you have been following her since she got out of prison. I even think I passed you on my way out." He bowed gently. "My name is Vari by the way."

87The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:51 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~her provocation was forgotten quickly and she instantly turned on vari growling~ "Now you've done it, i can tolerate only so much" ~she growled and flashed over to kick him~

88The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari appeared in a tree and flung his kusarigama to wrap around Alli's ankle and pull her quickly enough to trip her and fall on her face, even before she teleports. "You seem to forget that I'm a trained shadowstepper and an infamous assassin."

89The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~she had gone again appearing in a different tree while his Kusurigama clatter uselessly to the ground~ "And you forget i perceive time differently than you" ~she replies~ "Now this whole pup thing has gone way to far, I am over 300 years old Pup" ~she retorts~ "I've seen and done things far before your parents parents were born. And you think you have it so bad killing furs as an assassin" ~she gasps and shuts her mouth instead of speaking she stared daggers at the squirel~

90The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Oh you've got it all wrong. Killing those who deserve it is something I loved most about my job! Killing the innocents was the reason I snapped, now that all that energy can be pointed at fighting monsters I feel truely alive." He grinned a little. "And by the sound of it, you killed a lot more innocents than monsters in those three hundred years of being an immature pup."

91The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"S-stop...you dont know what your saying!" ~she exclaims looking much different, suddenly she didnt seem so immature something in her eyes changed suddenly~

"You want to know something, sometimes immaturity perceived isnt true immaturity...sometimes a defense mechanism. My immaturity as you call it came about after i did something terrible. And now thanks to you pup, that shield is gone." ~she crosses her arms and flashes into a tree appearing across from him she leans against the trunk~ "But you were correct...the last time i killed, it was terrible. this happened 278 years ago, i was only 22, truly a pup to my kind. I was staying in an inn, in Furinkan and some town guards who had admitted me decided they wanted to 'play' and by play i mean rape...I was terrified and afraid, and when they had me pinned and started cutting off my clothes...something exploded out of me...i let loose enough demonic energy to level half of Furinkan...i took over 200 innocent lives in a split second. I was devastated and destroyed, i couldnt bear it, so i slipped into the shell that has protected me, a shell that comprised of carefree actions and attitude, if i didnt care about anything except having fun i wouldnt remember. It worked and i could let my energies flow freely through me, enhancing my speed, augmenting my strength. But i cant allow my power to reign free anymore...not without my shell...You see, something worse than just the knowledge i took hundreds of innocent lives happened to me that night. As i fled the burning town, deep down, i felt pride, pride that i had caused all that destruction, pride i had killed all those people. Now i must restrict my power...though i am greatfull i am truly me again...i hate that i must feel the pain regret and fear again. Now i ask you again, which do you think is better in this world that is crumbling under that malevolent queens rule? A companion with the ability to use her inherant power to its fullest, even though she acts like a pup...or a companion who fears to even touch her power simply to keep it restrained and locked away for fear she'll like killing?"

92The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari was so shocked by that change of attitude, he actually fell out of the tree, he landed in a sprawl at the base and then turned to look over at her. "A companion who respects her power and knows when some things need be better left unsaid, but other things can be held in sarcastic fun for the rest of time, like say, me being so stunned by this that I... a squirrel actually fell out of a tree." He stood up and brushed himself off. "I have not lived long enough to regret most of the lives I have taken, and it is obvious that with a longer life comes more regrets. I am... sorry for having to push this out of you."
Vari bowed low to the vixen and drew out a tome, licking a quill from inside it and writing on a certain page. "The Furinkan Destruction was brought apon by the rape of a woman. A more accurate depiction of the saying hell hath no fury has never been personified." He looked up at her and smiled sheepishly. "It wasnt your fault."

93The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:59 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"that may be true, but i was young and naive then, i had thought it was my fault. and the pride that had begun to swell in my chest frightened me even more. Vari was it? You have talent i'll give you that, but your own pride, and indeed, your own foolish morals may be your downfall, you may have to kill innocent people on your quest, if that happens will you end up as you were in that prison? I have no problem killing innocents if i have no other choice, i dont like it, and yes i will regret those deaths for a long time to come, but i will do it." ~she says still in a casual pose~

94The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:07 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari closed his eyes. "Yes. Every time I try to kill someone who will never play a role in my future or my present, will cause my mind to fail. I swear on my blade that no innocent will fall by it. And my skills as an assassin are not simply limited to killing. Immobilizing yes, incapacitating yes, incarcerating... well that I'm okay at. I will do everything in my power to..." he sighed. "Yeah you know the rest. Now did you ever take this girl's ring or not? I'd like to move on instead of fighting amongst ourselves. As much fun and revealing it may be. Go back to being your old self if you think you can handle it. Just remember that there's something different about you, I havent quite figured it out yet, but I'm working on it."

95The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:11 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"when i was replying earlier i was not lying i do not remember if i would have taken it or not. I could show my possessions, i still have the coinpurses from last month, i got a little too carried away didnt have to spend all the money three of em i didnt even open" ~she withdraws the coinpurses from her pack and dumps them out, to her surprise a ring does indeed tumble out of the first pouch~ "Oh dear...guess i did steal her ring...though...one would think i would remember stealing from Miss Rika there..."

96The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:13 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

One thing happened the instant Vari heard that. Instant Facepaw.

"Good god Alli..."

(Goodnight.)

97The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:06 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo stood there with a blank stare, having heard Alisstra's whole story. He took a step forward, then made his way over to her and stopped infront of her. Leaning forward, he suddenly gave her a hug, holding it momentarily, then releasing it. " Do not ask why, because I dont even know. Just accept the fact that I just did that simply out of compassion for your story, and leave it at that. " he said before walking away.

98The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:10 am

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Rika didnt even listen to the story what so ever. The moment she saw the ring, she snatched it. " I dont care if you dont remember stealing it, all I know is that you did indeed have it! Like that man said you...." she stopped momentarly as a realization slapped her in the face. " That son of a bitch set you up to save his own ass.....He stole it! " she growled. " He must of known I was on his tail and somehow got it in your possesson. " she said before sighing and looking at her. " Im sorry for the way I acted earlier, its just this ring is very valuble to me. I promise you im going to kill that bastard, and not just for myself. " she explained.

99The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:04 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Okay... okay now that we're all on the same page. Rika, what are you going to do now that you have your ring back?" Vari looked a little curious as he turned his attention over to the otter chick again. "We are going to the Cerulean Hills, the Dragon's Cache is being raided by the Queen's forces, and I dont know about you... but I dont want the Queen getting any more power on her side. Especially when most of my assassinations were done to rebel leaders. Something I'm not quiet proud of, and something I'm now fighting to fix. So what do you want to do Rika? Go hunting after some asshole who doesnt even have anything to do with you, or come with us and help save this kingdom?"

100The Tale of Harau - Page 4 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:17 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Tarunda stepped back and wiped the sweat from her face, the door was open and she smiled as she took a lantern from one of the guards near by and made her way inside.

It was less of a spectacle then she imagined but, it was only a cavern that would lead to the Cache. So for now, she kept her excitement and quickly made her way down the cave. There were a few rope traps that she disabled so that the guards some feet behind her wouldnt get slaughtered or set off some earthquake.

Finally there was light at the end of the tunnel and she held her breath, walking out into the main cave. It was brilliant, there was gold and silver, every valuable stone imaginable. There wouldnt be many weapons here, because the Dragon of the East didnt need them. But she was sure that if someone looked hard enough, they could find an enchanted dagger or sword somewhere in all this. She noticed a pedestal at the far end of the cave and made her way over to it before anyone else could.

When she finally climbed up the mountain of treasure to get to the pedestal, she gasped. Hanging perfectly on a gold chain... was a Fang of Power. It must have been the fang given back to the dragons, or it could easily have been a fang from another magical group that this dragon had simply destroyed. She lifted the necklace off the pedestal and slowly put it around her neck. This surely was a prize she would keep to herself for discovering this treasure cache.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next