The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Rising

+4
Xisha
Grimlock
Marcus
Lizzy
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 40]

226New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:17 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Traven nods. " Right, well im off to get a drink first. " said Traven as he headed to the bar. On his way however he bumped into a white tigress. " Sorry ma'am....."

227New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:17 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Naomi smiled and the innkeeper came back with two keys. "Rooms 5 and 8 upstairs my friends, and I will bill you at the end." Naomi pulled her bag up the stairs and made her way to room 8. "Raine we're stayin in 8 then kay?"

228New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:18 am

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Luna smiles. " Its alright, my fault. " she said before walking to a nearby table.

229New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:20 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam noticed the tigress Traven had hit and looked her over before he got some sense in his mind again, moving to a vacant table and twirling the key to #5, and waiting for Traven to sit with him. He couldnt drink either, it made him rampage. And demon rampage is always bad.

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

230New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 am

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

The very first thing Raine did when she got to the room was drop her bag and open the window. Sprinkling, she smiled a little and turned to Naomi. (my bad not lizzy) "I'm going to be outside for a while tonight. I could really use the air." At that, Raine walked back down the stairs and ran outside. Raine shut the door, looking around for people she jumped up onto the roof and watched the sky. With one release of emotion she pointed at the sky and a black bolt of amazing lightening shot across the clouds, the rain, still lightly sprinkling.

Last edited by Xeesha on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

231New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:23 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Traven sits next to Sam. " Ill take a pint please. " he asks the bartender. " So, how long we going to be here? " asked Traven

232New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Naomi shrugged and laid down in her bed. "Girl must love the rain... heh." She rolled over and quickly passed out, not getting a chance to sleep since before this all started.

233New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:26 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam shrugged and drew a flask of water from his pack. "I need to gather information tomorrow, and Naomi may want to buy more supplies... but I suppose just for tomorrow, leave the next day at dawn." He sat back and sighed. "Till then, a well deserved rest."

234New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:30 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

" Alright, but we may not want to stay in this city for long. Its built like an fortress yes, but its also full of people we dont want to get involved with..." suggested Traven

235New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:34 am

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine was watching her black light show when she heard something behind her. She stood and turned, only to be grabbed by the throat and knocked down by the same demon that had choked her in the woods. Holding her down by her throat he took out a medallion half identical to the one on her hand and dangled it above her face. She sputtered and looked at him. With the same bone chilling voice he said "It's yours to take." Suddenly Raine felt a rage like no other and kicked the Demon, hurling him and the medallion half across the roof. "I'm not ready to make any choices! Take it and leave!" This Greater Demon would not be so easily manipulated, as Raine got up he grabbed her left hand, pushing his armored fingers hard into her palm. "Ahhh!" she dropped to her knees. "Fight back, will only get you hurt more." Raine spat. "But not dead. Oh no! you don't want me dea- ahh!" he tightened his grip.. then laughed and released her, disappearing with the medallion. "Fuck" She looked down at the bandage, bleeding through and wiped the tears from her eyes. Tears of blood. She gasped and laid back down on the roof. Pretending nothing happened. She pointed at the sky once more. This time the black lightening bolt went far off in the distance and struck a tree on the edge of the forest. Fuck Demons...

236New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:37 am

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Luna walked over to the bartender. " Hey get me another drink will ya? " asked Luna before noticing Traven and Sam. " Well, I havent seen you two around here before. And I know everyone in here. So I take it your new to the city. " asked Luna

237New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:40 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam looked up to see the tigress Traven had bumped into earlier, smiling gently as he nodded. "No miss, we're from out of town, staying for a day or so." His brilliant orange eyes must have looked strange in a human's body but he didnt mind, he was used to it by now. "Would you happen to know an old man named Jamis?"

238New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:41 am

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Luna thinks to herself for a moment. " Jamis.....oh Jamis! Yes, older man. Has a small limp on his right leg? He lives on the otherside of the city. " explained Luna

239New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:45 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Thank you. I have need to speak with him tomorrow, I'm glad he's still alive, he was still old 5 years ago when I saw him last." Sam smiled to the tigress and nodded.

240New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:47 am

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Luna smiled and nodded. " Anytime, hell if you need to ill even show you the house tommorow morning. Its in a crowded neighborhood so it might be hard to find by yourself. " offered Luna

241New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:48 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Traven looked at Sam. " Thats actually a good idea. The last thing we need is to get lost in this place..."

242New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:34 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam nodded and stood up to hold out his hand. "Name's Sam. Thank you for doing all this, I'd be overjoyed if you could take me to the old man. Are you staying in the inn or just here for the pub?"

243New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Soaking wet, Raine had stopped creating lightening and turned on her side. She had opened her eyes at the sound of footsteps on the roof. Taking a moment to regain herself, she suddenly jumped up, grabbed the blades on her back and turned. "Sa-?" No... not Sam. Battered, evil, and ill, Sam's brother. She backed up slightly and he smiled.
"What are you here for?" She put her blades away. If Sam's brother was still alive at this point he has a chance of being put back together. She wasn't going to ruin that for him.
"Why, Raine. You should know. Sooner or later he will find out-"
"Who?"
"Sam, of course! He'll see exactly what you are. You're endangering them all. My poor darkness." he reached out and touched her lips. Pain shot through her hand and she jumped back, whimpering. "Oh.. I'm sorry, my dear. I suppose I do have a demonic side, just the same as his."
"It appears yours has taken over." She her hand in the other.
"That would have been smart." He pointed to her hand. "Had we actually been trying to take it from you. You know we don't want to hurt you too badly now."
She hissed and glared at him.
He glared back, "Now listen Raine, dear, you cannot hide this for much longer. You smile without showing your teeth, you eat slowly without revealing them. You hiss and attempt to stop yourself. You almost bit the strange one you encountered... that.. Hayato man."
"How do you know all thi-"
"I'm somewhat connected to Sam.. I'm part of him and I feel what he feels. You have them all wondering a lot lately.. About vampires perhaps?"
"Just folk tales, they don't exist..."
"Then what is it! Tell me! What are you?!" he moved towards her and she winced back a little pain. He grabbed her hair as she cried out, the medallion glowing intensely, showing through the bandage.
"I don't know! Stop, please!" he let go of her hair and she dropped to the roof facing away from him, just laying in silence.
He walked away from her and stood "I'd advise you not to get Samuel angry, he has a tendancy to act like me."
At this Raine turned to him, and he was gone. She laid only for a minute before getting off the roof and walking the streets, looking for a store of some sort." I need a new bandage now don't i? she looked down at the blood stained rag.

244New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:18 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam sensed something at the edge of his radar and his eye turned into the transparent gears again, magnifying to see a hooded character in the corner, he covered his eye quickly and smiled. "Please excuse me." He walked over to the hooded figure, admiring the claymore that he had parted with two years ago. "Kote... what a pleasant surprise..." he sat across from his brother and sighed. "And what are you doing here?"
"Checking in on your new girlfriend Samuel." Kote said in his sly voice, smirking a little under his cloak.
"You know full well she's not my girlfriend. She doesnt even like me."
"Sure."
"So, why have you shown your aura to me? Wish to speak?"
"No better." Kote leaned forward. "I wish to give you some information. The Demon Lord is not pleased with loosing one of his prized captains. We both probably know this, but know this as well. He can track you all very easily. He already is as a matter of fact." He looked around and leaned closer. "The Elementals wont attack you while you're in this holy city, so get your affairs in order before you leave, checkin in with the ossan is a very good idea."
"Yes I knew most of this."
"What you didnt know is what Raine really is hiding."
Sam's ears perked up. "You mean how my sight shows the medallion in her blood and not just on her hand?"
"Partially... you'll have to find it out yourself. Try getting wounded infront of her."
"I'm sure you'd love to be the one to do that Kote."
Kote smiled wickedly. "We both know you have the human heart. So we're brothers on opposite sides now. I gave her the medallion because the last of your foolish will did it after I killed off her entire people. He saved her and sent her away before I regained control."
Sam narrowed his eyes. "Well brother... I hope that one day we can reunite and I can kill the demon inside us."
"Only if you can catch me first." Kote laughed, and vanished into smoke.

245New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:20 pm

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Luna walked over to Sam, having missed the chance to shake his hand. " Something wrong? You look troubled, and were you talking too? " asked Luna

246New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:27 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Sam looked up, his eyes orange again and smiled. "Just someone I havent seen or heard from in a while. He waved me over as he was walkin out the door and I flagged him down. I'm dreadfully sorry."

247New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:27 pm

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Raine walked quickly down the dark road, searching for an opened shop. "Come on." She turned a corner and saw Kote once more.
"You know better than to hold back what you are. I do." he smirked at her. She sighed angrily and walked passed him.
"I talked to Sam, Raine." At this, she stopped and looked forward.
"And what... did you say?" she said with an anger in her voice.
"I suggest you just, watch yourself closer." he laughed and dissolved into the air as she stood, finally realizing she was right in front of a shop. Forget about him, Raine. She purchased her cloth and re-wrapped her hand outside the shop. Finally, she started back to the Inn. Fuuuck demons, she thought once again.

248New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Luna smiled and shook Sam's hand. " Its alright, nothing to worry about. Just make sure you let me know when you and your friends are ready to leave. Mid-Day seems to be the best time to go. " explained Luna

249New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Alright, and seeing as how it's dark already. It wont be long befroe we all turn in. I wonder where Raine wondered off to..." Sam smiled to Luna and brought her back to sit with him and Traven. "So, what do you do?"

250New Rising - Page 10 Empty Re: New Rising Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Juli-Sue

Juli-Sue
Apprentice rper
Apprentice rper

Luna smiled. " Well, im mainly a healer. But I have some skills in elemental magic as well. " explained Luna. Suddenly a small orb of water formed and hovered infront of Sam's face. " See what I mean? " joked Luna as she moved the orb around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum