The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Tale of Harau

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 16]

276The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:21 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~she lashes out at Katsuo with a clumsier version of his spell, she was self taught of course and didnt have the refinement of a life of being tutored in the fine arts of magic. Dark tendrils lanced from her bound body but faultered halfway to their target, and she lashed out with magic again and again, never managing to reach her target untill she lay panting and exhausted. reduced to simply glaring sullenly at the source of her misplaced hatred~

277The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:25 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo sighed and shook his head. " Ill take that as a no. Shame, because I was at least going to let you get dressed. Hell, I might even have taught you have to really use magic. But since you refuse to listen to reason, I guess your going to be our prisoner until you do. So, last chance. Care to change your mind? And dont even think about lying...because it wont work..." he claimed, slowly drawing his blade.

278The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 am

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"you'll burn in hell with your father soon enough...take me as a captive if you will...i will eventually get free...and when i do...i shall taste your blood" ~she sneared and then fell silent. effectively ending the conversation~

279The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:38 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo sighed. " So be it.." he groaned, clearly hoping to get through to her. Katsuo turned his attention to the others. " Well, I think we should head into town and resupply for our long trip. That, and I think my sister here needs a change of clothes. Something that screams im a slave. If we drag her around like this people will get suspicious. Especially since we do not have the legal documents to make her a slave. If we dress her like one, then people will be less inclined to ask about her. " he explained

280The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:52 am

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari bit his lip and his ears drooped a bit. "Wait...." he walked forward and rummaged around in his pack. Pulling out several scrolls and a quill. "...you do now." He said, his tone lifeless and slightly defeated as he admitted to the group that he had the slaver papers on him. "I used to deal with the slavers... often... it was a good way to make a whole family disappear when you only needed to threaten the father. I'm sorry. I must sound like the most terrible squirrel on the face of the planet." He gave the papers to Katsuo and quickly walked back to the stream to dunk his head in, trying to wash away that part of his past.

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

281The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:56 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"Do we really have to tie her up? It seems like the only one she hates is you. And honestly isnt this only making it worse?" Tarunda pointed out as she went over to help up Kiroku and covered her in one of the tigress's ... very elegantly made blankets. "Surely you have some decency towards someone whom you know enough to let them move freely. Just ... I dunno... leave her in my care or something."
(Heh, we can have girl time and go shopping for clothes! Then paint our toenails and gossip about boys. lol)

282The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo crossed his arms. " So let me get this straight. Your suggesting that we let her move freely, so that when were sleeping, she can easily slit my throat. Yeah no, she stays tied up. " Katsuo said as he looked over the slave papers. " Well, these do look legal, so ill leave it at that. So what should our next move be? "

283The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:31 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"I will not be a slave to you again Katsuo!" ~she snarls~ "See your just like him...if you werent you would have let me kill you peacefully and be done with it! The rest of you...dont trust him just because his blood is more royal than mine, I may be only half blooded Shin family, but the shin family are worthless scum....especially the king and his son Katsuo"

284The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:38 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo glared at his half sister. " You are stupider then you look you know that? I gave you plenty of chances to be civilized but you kept on refusing, you have no one to blame but yourself. And as for our father, I hate him. Hell, im probably going to kill him next time I see him..." he growled, not realizing she had possibly given away his past.

285The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:42 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"why should i deign to believe you?" ~she replies~ "Besides, i bet the only reason you want to kill our father is because your tired of being prince!" ~she snarls angrily~ "Well tough because i swear it here and now, you wont live to see him die"

286The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:47 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo began to laugh. " Please, your iggnorance is too much. " he cracked. " Is your memory that dense? Didnt you ever why I came and visited you constantly? The stories I told you about how much I hated it there? We may have been young but even so you shouldnt have forgotten. But fine, have it your way..." he growled.

287The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

"yeah...i believed that..untill i found out i was your half-sister, i understand why you hated it there now...couldnt bear that i might one day find out who i was, and that if you fucked up, i could very well become the next heir to the shin throne, after all i have the same blood flowing in my veins...but apparantly our father thinks its diluted. I am no fool, if you really hated it there, and really thought me the friend you claimed i was when we were little, you would have taken me with you when you dissapeared. You know who they beat and tortured when you dissapeared? You know who they assumed helped you get out? ME! thats who!"

288The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo fell silent. In truth what she just said struck him deep. For what the longest time he didnt know what to say, her words just repeated in his head like a raging storm that just wouldnt go away. A moment later, Katsuo sat on the ground, his head hung low. " Look, im sorry for what they did to you. Truely I am, I never wanted to see anyone hurt. But in truth, your right. I shouldve taken you and the others with me. I just got so caught up in my own hatred towards them that I got selfish and only thought of my own well being. So in that, I ironically did the very thing I was trying to avoid. " he muttered to her before falling silent once again. A minute later Katsuo stood up and released his magic over her, freeing his half sister. Following that stunt, Katsuo slowly drew his sword and tossed it on the ground infront of her. " If you truely believe that im evil, go ahead and kill me. " he said as he slowly removed his shirt and chainmail, leaving his chest exposed. " No tricks this time, you want to kill me so badly then do so. But know if you do your going to make the same mistake I did. The choice is up to you. " he said before falling silent.

289The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~Free'd from her restraints she quickly darts over to her things and dresses herself in her own clothes before picking up his sword...He'd see for the first time, she had no clue how to hold a sword...nor the strength to carry one as she took his simple longsword in both paws...yet still seemed to struggle a bit in holding it~ "Thats it brother...just lay down and die like the dog you are." ~she hisses and advances, yet each step was a struggle for her in holding the sword up, and her progress was extremly slow. Not even halfway to him, she drops the sword and curses picking it back up again~

290The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo sighed and pulled out one of his daggers and tossed it to her. " Try that...it's lighter. " he said to her. A thought crossing his mind just after. ^ I cant believe im helping my sister kill me......^

291The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:35 pm

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

~she drops the sword and picks up a dagger, but falters as her paw closes over the hilt.~ ^ok...why is he helping me?^ ~she thinks to herself~ ^and why did he really seem upset when i told him i got tortured when he left... even if he is a son of a bitch...he never really did anything to me did he...except that one time, and he stopped trying to mate me after i kicked him...^ ~she seemed lost deeply in thought, a strange look of confusion on her face. it went away after a moment though and she again advanced on him, as she raised the dagger, she made her decision and threw it in the ground at his feet~ "i cant take the chance of becoming scum like you katsuo" ~she says and seats herself on the ground~ "lets just get this over with already...bind me again. i'll go peacefully"

292The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo gave a weak smile and picked up his belongings. " Thank you, I promise you, you wont regret this decision. " he stated as he got redressed. " As for your slavery. You can walk free, there isnt much use in treating like one if your going to keep trying to kill me. " he said before turning to the others, he had almost fogotten they were there. " Here Vari, hold on to the papers. You never know we can use them later. " he said before turning to Tarunda. " So, now that thats out of the way, shall we continue? " he asked.

293The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Vari shook his face of the water and stuffed the papers deep into his bag. "Shin Family...? I knew I probably worked for them before." He looked serious for a second. "I know where you live Katsuo." he smirked a little and chuckled. "Meh, if you want to kill your father so bad, why are you traveling with us?" He looked around and sighed. "And for that matter, shouldnt you be... like four times as strong as you look?" he said. "I know your father of old, and he is one powerful asshole."

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

294The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:58 pm

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

(Why do you always post a page when I'm gone?)

Tarunda sat there, feeling slightly annoyed about the whole thing. She was more royal than any of them, but she couldnt say anything or even try to tell them anything to persuade anyone. So as usual, she was stuck doing nothing while the others talked, just kinda... sitting there, waiting for someone to involve her or at least get moving again. "Hmm..." she grumbled a little as she swished her tail in a bothered manner.

295The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:16 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo sighed, finally realizing that his family was now revealed. " Yeah, well when you run away at a young age you tend to not learn a few things. Besides, I figured by the time we kill the Queen, I....I mean Kiriku and myself will be more then strong enough to kill him. " he explain, stopping as he noticed Tarunda just sitting there. " You alright? You look like you've got something on your mind. Everything alright? " he asked.

296The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:20 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"What?" Tarunda looked up and then shook her head. "Oh nothing. I was just wondering if we're still going to press on or what we're going to do now. I mean the sun is already slowly setting in the distance. I just wanted to get a bit of mileage in today before we had to stop and make camp." She stretched a little and sat up. Her secrets could stay secret for a while. "Any chance we have any food between us?"

297The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:24 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo nodded and pulled some bread out of his pack and tossed it to her. " Yeah here. It isnt much but it's still something. As for travel, we can get in a few miles before the sun goes down. So why wait? " he finished as he started to walk.

298The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:28 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"No I meant for the trip. Maybe we should head back to town and supply for this. Get some meat and stuff for the trip so we dont starve in a few days time." Tarunda suggested, tossing the bread back. "I'm not hungry, I was just worried we wouldnt have any food for the journey."

299The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:30 am

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Katsuo caught the bread and shrugged. " Suit yourself. As for actual food, no this is about all I ever eat. But if you want to stop in town then we better pick up the pace, because im sure the shops will close very soon, if they havent already. But, hell i guess we can always steal it. " he joked.

300The Tale of Harau - Page 12 Empty Re: The Tale of Harau Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 am

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"There's always stealing." Tarunda giggled a little as she looked down on village, many of the lights were still on. "Ooo I cant wait to get a warm bed for the night. I guess we'll just have to set off tomorrow." She smiled as she started walking quickly down the hills towards the town.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next