The Greater Span
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Born from the minds of those who lust adventure, this world will nurture new heroes drawn forth to combat the evil that has been set forth before them. Who will come out victorious? Only time (and gratuitous amounts of thread pages) will tell.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Demon Times 4: Darkness before Dawn...The Final Chapter?

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak sighed and shook his head. " Go ahead and try, fire has no effect on me. Perk of being a dragon. But, if it's a fight you want, why dont I play fire with fire? " he said as a fireball suddenly ignited in the palm of his hand. " But I warn you, it's a fight you wont live through..." he growled, his eyes focused on her.

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ophelia made a fist and the flame disappeared. "Fine... Kill me." She really could care less and wasn't up for some petty fight. "I don't care what you say you are. You all brought ME here. I didn't choose to come here and if it HAD been my choice I wouldn't have come to hunt you either. That's not of my beliefs." Ophelia stood quietly and sighed, calming herself.

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak slowly lowered his palm and let the flame disperse from his hand. " If it isnt your belief then why chose to follow Syrius? And dont say it's because your being forced too, but ethier way everyone has a choice in the end. So tell me, why do you follow him? Im curious..."

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"If I was here to tell you my whole life story I would've told you by now." Ophelia said coldly and turned away from Derak.

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

((sorry all, some things came up and i needed to take care of them, and no Derak, it didnt involve Mass Effect 2. gonna need help on deraks sword again canna remember everything about it))
The next day found syrius still at the heroes house, studying in fascination Derak's sword.

"Sir! what are we going to do?" A soldier asks.
"At this point, nothing, we cant trace that teleport spell. I do have a feeling i know where they went, but i dont have any more favors i can ask of the wizards guild in Aina....not to mention my father and my uncle are at war again....I dont understand it...my father seeks the throne still even after his defeat by my uncles hands....i fear Sorvahr may again exile himself from our land and rally up the black army that i myself fought in before i met her..." Syrius trails off lost in his own black past. "for now we need to send a message to the kingdoms, the heroes escaped unexpectedly across the sea. If the kingdoms still will it that i pursue...then we shall take the Sea Sprite....its the fastest ship in the kingdoms....I just hope captain Sigmund still controls her...he owes me a barrel of favors, and now i intend to cash in"
"Yes sir!" the soldier replies and hurries to send out a scout with the message.
"still....i begin to doubt..." syrius says to himself alone again "just what the kingdoms real motivation for our hunt is....Somehow they dont seem as i would immagine...and with the addition of that sudden teleport across great distances...as well as that strange feline....Ah well...thats a quandry for another time" He returns to his studies of the sword, and placing it on the table he begins to write down notes. Blades were his passion and love, and though he came off as arrogant, and impulsive, he wasnt fool enough to use a sword he knew nothing about, especially one that hummed with magic. Syrius too was more than the heroes knew of and thought of, for his skill and cunning was tempered by a truly good heart

Talyn woke up still a little disoriented from the sudden teleport "what the hell...where are we?" She asks confused and dazed

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Liz rolled her eyes and punched the wolf girl in the face, then she turned around and slapped Derak. "Calm down." She said to both of them before turning back to Ophelia and helping her up. "Just what are your beliefs then?" she asked curtly, waving her paw and healing any injuries she had just inflicted on the girl. She then turned to Talyn. "We're across the ocean dear, for now, we're safe."

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ophelia didn't stagger and only turned her head to the side. Rubbing her cheek, she turned back. "You have odd and uncalled-for reactions." she growled and waved Liz away. "It's pretty obvious you "heroes" have great impulses. You're just as bad as us in some ways."

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak moved his jaw around after recieving the slap from Liz. " Well, can you blame us. We've spent most of our lives trying to save you people and all we have gotten in return is pure hatred. Your trying to hunt us down for christ sakes! " growled Derak. " Of course were going to get angry..."

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Hiro sat down on a rock and shrugged. "We're still normal people Ophelia. We were thrown into this and had to sacrifice the most for our parts in this play. When it's finally over, who knows if we'll ever get a happy ending. But from what I know, I can easily say you will. You'll have a happy ending because you're not a character that is major enough to have to give up a lot to be where we are." he rubbed his eyes and sighed. "I lost more than my share of my life to all this fighting."

https://greaterspan.forumotion.net

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"Well don't expect me to feel sorry for any of you just now... I mean.. We aren't exactly friends right now." Ophelia crossed her arms and heaved a sigh of frustration. "Perhaps lies have been circulating about your reputation. I don't know. But I can't trust you either. I mean... You've kidnapped me as well..." she spoke obviously.

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

"Ophelia, I kidnapped you simply because it was the fastest way to escape a situation I did not want to be in." Hiro explained. "If I had felt vindictive, I would have cut off your arms and pulled Talyn along alone, but I felt like this was the less grusome way of going about it."

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"It's dark... I suggest we all find shelter for the night and think this over." Liz coughed, trying to interrupt the stream of angry rebuttles. "After a good night's sleep we'll all be a bit more leanient. So for tonight. Ophelia, you are our guest. Does anyone know where to find a kingdom on this continent?"

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

"What kind of guest might kill you in your sleep..." She muttered. "And I have no idea where we are right now.. So I don't know where to find anything." Ophelia sighed and squinted through the darkness, trying to see everyone.

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

"One that will be sleeping in a seperate room." Liz said quietly to her, moving forward to whisper in her ear. "Or I could watch you personally. None of us can burn anymore because of all the training we've done... so your fire is pointless."

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

Talyn remained quiet for the most part, the encounter with the wolf Syrius had extremely unsettled her for she had come face to face with the man who had tried to kill her, and though she still had no memory of that event...the fact that he had seemed to think himself truly righteous for his actions scared her. Did she really come off as evil....did all of them appear that way? what were the kingdoms up too...it didnt seem possible this was truly about their failed atempts at stopping the demons

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Hiro walked over and held out his hand to Talyn. "My love, shall we scout out the area and see if we can find any kingdom lights near here?" He asked softly, his mind was a buzz with her thoughts, but he didnt feel like voicing any of them to her, rather being more reassuring than overpowering.

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

She nods and hugs him tightly before speaking "yes lets...i dont feel comfortable around that black order bitch...." she says softly, then whispering she continues "i dont think this is about our failed exploits against the demons anymore....did you see his eyes as he spoke...he isnt evil...at least by choice...he truly thought he was doing a virtuose deed by attacking me and comming after us....something bigger is going on here...big enough for the kingdoms to be telling their people....something...i dont even know what....that could be terrible enough about us for the people to want to kill us like that Syrius"

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak sighed. " Look, you all go on ahead. Im going back oversea's, there's someplace I need to......go...." said Derak as he began to slowly draw a circle, adding the nessercary symbols to it. " And dont try and follow me...im doing this for the good the group. "

Xisha

Xisha
Chronicler
Chronicler

Ophelia sat back now. Smiling at all their comments. The unstable Talyn, the selflessly stupid Derak, the bossy Hiro and the odd one Liz. She wasn't worried about not using fire. Sure, at least she was able to keep an eye on what these people were up to, but she wasn't going to go back to the black order. Perhaps not ever. For now, it was fine that they didn't trust her. She was to go into this at a gradual pace and knew that was the best way to go about it.

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Hiro nodded and took off, soaring over the skies with Talyn. "Personally, I feel like there's some hidden motive... I hope Liz stops Derak from going, he's being very stupid about all of this..." he sighed as he looked around, spotting brightness far away. "Look, lets head over there."

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Liz sat on a log and pulled her lance out, polishing it as she looked over at Derak. "Love... that is such a terribly stupid idea... you should really try to think it over before heading off back into unfriendly territory."

Derak

Derak
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

Derak grunted. " I know it's stupid, but I just have to do it ok? Trust me on this. Ill be back when I can. Goodbye...." said Derak, suddenly the symbols around him started to glow, then he vanished.

~moments later~

Derak landed hard on the ground, clearly not being use to teleporting. As he sat back up and viewed his surroundings, he saw his goal....Shinji's castle. Demons suddenly came towards Derak, weapons in hand. " You even try to touch me it will be the last thing you do..." he growled as he watched the demons slowly back away in fear. With that, Derak made his way in.

Reya

Reya
Expert
Expert

Talyn nods her agreement and adjusts course to follow where hiro had pointed to. "looks like thats a pretty big city...." Talyn trails off, awe in her voice, she had seen some of the biggest cities on the other side of the ocean but this....this was impossibly huge, the palace in the center had to be the biggest and tallest building she'd ever seen "hiro.....i really really wanna know where we are...because....whoever these people are...they must be incredibly wealthy to have a city so huge"

Marcus

Marcus
Admin
Admin

Hiro nodded as he looked out over the city. "We'd better go tell the others first though. I dont want to get punched by Liz too." He smiled as he turned around and flew back the direction which they came. His mind elsewhere, the big city amazed him as well. But there was so much else going on.

"You're going out with only one sword?" Kote voiced gently.
"Yeah, what's the problem?"
"Nothing, it's just, well... Firegrin seems to be a little on edge."
"I dont really understand how you can communicate with swords Kote... but thanks for the concern, Firegrin is simply separated from his brother for the first time since they were cast, it's anxiety. Nothing more."
"Lets hope so."

Hiro sighed a little as he flew back towards Liz and Ophelia, Talyn by his side as he landed neatly and looked around. "So Derak went anyway... he better have a way to track us down. We found a kingdom not far away, if we move now they might still let us in for the night."

Lizzy

Lizzy
Butt Pirate
Butt Pirate

(I dont see why I have to post but it's the only way Kyle will continue)

Liz looked up as Hiro and Talyn returned. "So I guess we're heading out then? Should we leave something for Derak to find or will he justy know to find us and continue the plot?"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum